Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Wilshere:Smoking makes headlines in 2014,Wenger says he also liked it when young

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-4-2024 08:19:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
During his appearance on Simon Jordan's "Up Front" podcast, Wilshere reflected on his past behavior and revealed Wenger's reaction.

Shortly after the 2014 World Cup, Wilshere and Joe Hart were photographed at a pool party in Las Vegas. Wilshere attracted particular attention for smoking at the event, and the photo ended up on the covers of several newspapers.

Wilshere said, "I never like to say this, but I was very focused. I started making sacrifices from the age of 9. I enjoyed it, I didn't see it as a sacrifice at the time. Then suddenly, I got into the first team, and I had a bit of money."

"Growing up, going out in London was something I never thought about. Then suddenly, I became friends with Nasri. He lived in London, I might stay at his place for a night, we might go to a nice restaurant. My life changed, but I still knew how to separate things."

"On the smoking thing... I remember the first time I faced Wenger after that, I was really scared. The picture of me with a cigarette was on the front pages of the newspapers. I was thinking, 'Oh my God, what will Wenger think?'"

"But he was great. He just said, 'As long as you're focused on the game when you're here.' He actually said, 'When I was young, sometimes I used to like to imitate others and smoke.' I thought, 'Wow, that's what I wanted to hear.'"

Wilshere also revisited the incident where he insulted Tottenham fans, resulting in a £40,000 fine.

During the 2015 Arsenal FA Cup celebration event, Wilshere asked the audience, "What do we think of Tottenham?" Fans replied, "Shit." Then Wilshere shouted, "What do we think of shit?" Fans responded, "Tottenham."

Wilshere said, "Singing on the balcony! My mum is an Arsenal fan, but all her family are Tottenham fans. So, there's always been a constant back and forth during my childhood. I just felt like that was the moment I had been waiting for my whole life."

"I just wanted to give it back to them a little bit. Of course, I regret it."
<+Image>

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-4-2024 09:50:26 | Show all posts
Celebrities are something else—just smoking a cigarette lands them on the front page.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-4-2024 10:04:07 | Show all posts
It's a pity about Wilshere, such a talented player.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-4-2024 12:31:05 | Show all posts
Does liking to smoke really warrant making headlines?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-4-2024 18:04:07 | Show all posts
I haven't seen any news about Wenger for a long time.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list