Reply: 2

Bitcoin Garbage Quest! British Man Desperately Sues,

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-4-2024 20:42:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
Have you ever heard of this guy, James Howells? Yep, he's that unlucky chap who lost $520 million worth of Bitcoin. Yes, you heard it right, he lost 7,500 Bitcoins.

Word has it that 10 years ago, his wife made a big mistake and threw a bag of black garbage into the trash. Guess what? Turns out, his hard drive was in that bag of trash, and that hard drive was the only access to his 7,500 Bitcoins. Can you imagine? His fortune ended up buried under a pile of garbage. It's heartbreaking to even think about, especially when the price of Bitcoin keeps soaring, each worth $70,000. Oh my, that's $520 million! Poor James doesn't see it that way though. "I've heard that by the end of this year, the price of Bitcoin could rise to $250,000 each. That would mean the value of my hard drive would reach £1.5 billion (about $1.89 billion)! The council might be happy to let it stay in the landfill, but I'm not going to give up that easily." Yeah, folks, who could give up that much money? He's not giving up! He just wants a chance, a chance to reclaim his fortune.

However, government officials always give him the cold shoulder, saying that digging up the landfill would pollute the environment, and they won't allow him to do it. But guess what? James is no pushover; he found support from a hedge fund. Hedge funds are a good thing; they brought in a bunch of experts, intending to dig up the landfill and find that hard drive. Yes, they're not kidding. They've assembled a search team of experts and data recovery engineers, all to find that darn hard drive. They even funded James's legal team, all top-notch, with even seasoned lawyers from London backing them up. You know what? James even volunteered that if they successfully recover the hard drive, he's willing to share the profits with the council. But the council didn't pay him any heed; instead, they said that digging would pollute the environment, forget about it! Now, James's team is demanding a ban on anyone digging up that landfill and demanding compensation from the council for the value of all the Bitcoins.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-4-2024 20:42:45 | Show all posts
The loss would be significant as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-4-2024 09:07:43 | Show all posts
If it's true, then I believe it's unlikely they'll find it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list