Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 7

Mourinho personally denies tactical obsolescence, prioritizing only victory!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-4-2024 17:18:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
Previously, some journalists and media believed that Mourinho wasn't outdated yet, and he could still coach a team to prove himself. Recently, Mourinho himself addressed the topic of others considering his tactics outdated in an interview, completely denying such claims and asserting that he's still progressive.

During his time without coaching a team, Mourinho seems quite relaxed, occasionally giving interviews. Previously, he shared his thoughts on Manchester United. According to British media reports this time, Mourinho discussed some of his tactical views. When asked if he's aware of being often labeled as tactically conservative and not winning championships for years, Mourinho completely denied this notion. He stated, "I never considered my tactics conservative. Perhaps not as fluid as Pep (Guardiola) or as passionate as Jurgen (Klopp) during games, but certainly not conservative, as reflected in the number of goals scored by teams I've coached. I have my own football philosophy, where victory always comes first. You'll never expect a 4-5 defeat, nor will you see relentless attacking when leading in a final."

From Mourinho's words, we can understand his clear understanding of his own tactics. Indeed, his football philosophy emphasizes victory, with a strong emphasis on the importance of defense, which some might find dull, but the key is achieving victory. However, Mourinho's viewpoint relies on winning to support it, so it's normal for people to have doubts.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 07:47:30 | Show all posts
I believe every coach has their own coaching methods and philosophical perspectives on football. Mourinho's tactics may also not be suitable for use in the current season.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 08:48:01 | Show all posts
The former masters will never admit to being behind

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 12:28:56 | Show all posts
It is unlikely for Mourinho to admit that his tactics are outdated. He is a very confident individual. If he were to acknowledge that his tactics are outdated, who would hire him as a coach? It would be like tarnishing his own reputation. I don't believe it. Which watermelon seller would say that their watermelons aren't sweet? That would be naive, wouldn't it?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-4-2024 12:29:58 | Show all posts
Mourinho's most notable strength lies in his defensive counterattacks, which have brought him numerous honors. However, recently, the performance of Mourinho's teams hasn't been very impressive. If last season's Roma could have won the UEFA Europa League, Mourinho could still be smiling. Unfortunately, they lost to the referees. Currently, Mourinho doesn't have any team invitations. In Europe, top teams are unlikely to invite him due to his personality, and partly due to tactical issues. In recent years, even Atletico Madrid, primarily relying on defensive counterattacks, hasn't been achieving much success. Diego Simeone, despite his high salary, hasn't brought championships to Atletico. This indicates that the defensive counterattack tactic is indeed becoming outdated. Perhaps it still shows some promise in cup competitions. Therefore, I think it's suitable for Mourinho to excel in the national team. Major tournaments for national teams are mostly cup-based competitions. With Mourinho's capabilities, he might lead a strong national team to win a World Cup or European Championship. In that case, Mourinho could retire gracefully. Let's see in the summer if any national team can't resist inviting Mourinho.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-4-2024 08:07:15 | Show all posts
Tactics may become outdated, and it's important for oneself to reflect on this for the betterment of the team. Striving for excellence and continuously updating tactics is a commendable approach. However, I believe Mourinho still has his own set of strategies. Everyone will strive to win for the greater good.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-4-2024 08:42:35 | Show all posts
Every coach has their own system, and I believe that any tactics that lead to victory are good. Moreover, they have won so many championships. Isn't it ridiculous for non-professionals to question professionals?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-4-2024 09:09:55 | Show all posts
Every coach leaves their mark in their own era, and Mourinho's bold admission just goes to show his great character. The godfather of Manchester United, Sir Alex Ferguson, was also a novice at the beginning, with his own set of tactics. Of course, I'm not saying Sir Alex wasn't good. In fact, older coaches like Wenger have long claimed to have studied Sir Alex thoroughly. However, owing to his influence in the Premier League, Sir Alex managed to win games using some unconventional methods. This is widely acknowledged. Mourinho is a man I truly admire. He dares to speak his mind, act decisively, and express both love and hate. He led Porto and Inter Milan to trebles and left a strong foundation for Real Madrid, winning four titles in five years, as well as leaving a solid base for Chelsea, who won the league under him. Doesn't this clearly demonstrate his talent for squad management? A real man! Never outdated!

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list