Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 7

Do you agree Rohit Sharma is qualified to lead India in the 2024 T20 World Cup?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 26-4-2024 08:51:31 | Show all posts |Read mode
Former KKR director Joy Bhattacharjya has criticized the decision to appoint Rohit Sharma as India's captain for the upcoming T20I World Cup, citing concerns over Sharma's form as an opener in the T20 format. Bhattacharjya suggested that Sharma's fellow competitors, such as Virat Kohli, Yashasvi Jaiswal, and Shubman Gill, are in better form and should be considered for opening positions. He proposed ace speedster Jasprit Bumrah as a potential captaincy choice for India, emphasizing the importance of the captain being a sure shot member of the team. Bhattacharjya's comments come ahead of a meeting between Ajit Agarkar and Rohit Sharma to finalize India's 15-member squad for the World Cup.

What are your thoughts on this opinion?

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 26-4-2024 09:08:42 | Show all posts
Honestly, Rohit Sharma's T20 performance isn't remarkable... especially in recent T20 World Cups. Nonetheless, I'm hopeful for a better showing this time!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 26-4-2024 11:32:24 | Show all posts
I'm annoyed that we're still debating the captaincy so close to the World Cup. Our core team should have been decided by now. Shouldn't we only be discussing the remaining positions??

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 26-4-2024 12:24:57 | Show all posts
I'm equally astonished by Rohit's oddly increasing popularity...... It's uncommon for analysts to oppose his captaincy

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 26-4-2024 14:28:11 | Show all posts
Now all Rohit has to do is win everything on the field to prove him wrong!

Regardless of whether Rohit plays or not, I don't believe the Indian T20 team is a strong contender for the World Cup...
It's probably best to give these guys one final opportunity and begin anew after the World Cup

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Credits
Post time 28-4-2024 12:40:49 From the mobile phone | Show all posts
I think the issue lies not with Rohit. The problem is that the current Indian team lacks team cohesion.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 29-4-2024 09:43:50 | Show all posts
If India truly wants to contend for the World Cup, they ought to form a squad led by young players, with Sanju leading the charge!
This would, at the very least, instill a sense of fearless determination in them

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 29-4-2024 13:41:02 | Show all posts
Frankly, we're not sure who's the best fit for the position, so I've accepted the fact that he will captain India.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list