Reply: 3

What do poor people lack the most?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 20:55:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
"A young man in France was very poor and struggled in his early life. Later, he made a fortune by selling decorative portrait paintings and became one of the top 50 wealthiest individuals in France in less than 10 years. Unfortunately, he passed away in 1998 due to prostate cancer. After his death, a newspaper in France published his will.

In his will, he stated, 'I was once a poor man, and before stepping into the threshold of heaven as a rich man, I have left behind the secret of how I became wealthy. Whoever can guess the secret by answering, 'What do poor people lack the most,' will receive my congratulations. The 1 million francs I left in my private bank vault will serve as the reward for the person who wisely unravels the mystery of poverty and the applause I give him from heaven.'

After the will was published, 18,461 people sent in their answers. The answers varied widely. Most people believed that the thing poor people lacked the most was money, and having money would end their poverty.

Some thought that the lack of opportunities was the main reason for poverty, emphasizing the importance of timing and circumstances.

Others believed that skills were what poor people lacked, suggesting that having a unique skill could lead to quick wealth.

There were also those who mentioned that poor people lacked help and care.

On the anniversary of the wealthy man's death, his lawyer and agent, under the supervision of a notary public, opened the private bank vault and revealed the secret to his wealth. He believed that what poor people lacked the most was the ambition to become rich.

I read a short article the other day that went like this:

Why do rich people offer loans and lend you money for consumption?

Because everyone, with diligent effort, will accumulate their own wealth someday. When they have money, they start thinking about how to use that money to make even more money. This threatens the status of rich people.

So, rich people lend you money to buy and consume. When you are busy repaying credit card debts and loans, you naturally won't have other thoughts and ambitions.

Through this story and the article, I want to convey that I have run support groups for gambling addiction, conducted live broadcasts, and interacted with many fellow gamblers. From my observations, wherever there are gamblers, there is immense suffering. They discuss how to deal with credit cards and loans.

It's not that we don't consider debt issues, but we shouldn't let them dominate our lives. Perhaps few people have faced greater debt pressure than I have, but as you can see, I rarely complain. It's been a long time, and I'm still doing well. Debt hasn't defeated me.

In the face of any debt, we shouldn't lose our spirit or ambition. Life is long, and those things we once lost, regretted, or felt guilty about can be reclaimed twice as much in the future. This is the spirit and ambition that recovering addicts should have."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:18:36 | Show all posts
Having ambition alone, without a money-making mind and without the opportunity for wealth, also won't make you a rich person.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:56:46 | Show all posts
Is this encouraging us to have more ambition on the path of gambling?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 22:00:03 | Show all posts
I feel like I lack nothing except money.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list