Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Some say gambling fosters composure and rationality, but I disagree now.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 04:59:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
Lately, I've been having a tough time with sports betting, and my winning percentage is disappointingly low. It's driving me crazy, despite considering myself a rational person. Some claim that engaging in gambling activities can cultivate composure and rationality, shielding individuals from emotional fluctuations and preventing excessive excitement or frustration due to wins and losses. However, I don't feel that way. Losing repeatedly only deepens my frustration, and it takes quite a while to recover from that gloomy state.

Sometimes, when I come across statements suggesting that gambling can help develop self-control and emotional management, I find it rather amusing. I believe that one's personality traits are not nurtured by gambling; rather, gambling acts as a mirror reflecting the inherent characteristics of an individual. If someone has a tendency to lose their temper, it's not gambling that causes it, but rather their preexisting disposition. Gambling merely amplifies their temperament when they experience losses.

So, if someone claims that gambling can foster qualities like resilience and composure, I strongly disagree. You are who you are, and gambling only serves as a mirror that magnifies your existing traits. If gambling appears to change someone's character, I don't think gambling should bear the blame.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 05:01:33 | Show all posts
Some say gambling fosters composure and rationality, but I disagree now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 06:25:08 | Show all posts
Remaining calm and rational in gambling is indeed crucial, but I believe that these traits can be challenging to cultivate for many individuals as they are often influenced by one's innate personality.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-9-2023 06:51:12 | Show all posts
Rational individuals may indeed be less inclined to engage in gambling activities.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list