Reply: 4

Indeed, as long as you back down or hesitate, you've already started losing

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 21:01:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Let me share stories about two of my friends. One of them feels like a failure, burdened by debts and a sense of inadequacy. To me, he's quite remarkable because, despite his financial troubles, he doesn't shy away from discussing them with me. Some people would have disappeared when faced with such debts, but he didn't. He bravely confronts his mistakes. There's a saying that goes ""failure is the mother of success,"" and those who acknowledge their failures are not far from success. When I think about it, I might have considered running away if I were in his shoes. But avoiding problems can't last forever; eventually, you have to face them.

Now, let me tell you another friend's story. He started a business with a close friend. At first, they were both making money, but his friend developed a gambling problem. He lost all the company's money, took out loans in the company's name, and then disappeared. My friend was left with all the debt, and he admitted he was scared to go home at that time. However, he couldn't bear to worry his parents. He worked three jobs to slowly pay off the debt, and after five years, he finally cleared it. Five years later, he met his former friend again. He was filled with anger and wanted to confront him, but when he saw his friend with a wife and child, he decided to let it go.

In difficult times, don't back down, because backing down means you lose. I have great admiration for both of my friends mentioned above. When I'm gambling, I tell myself the same thing: never back down! Backing down means losing money. Have you ever noticed that winning money often comes after losing money? Gambling is about taking one step at a time, steadily progressing."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 22:09:48 | Show all posts
There are times when it's wise to step back when necessary.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-9-2023 22:23:50 | Show all posts
Ultimately, it does come down to luck in many situations. When luck isn't on your side, there's not much you can do.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 08:11:47 | Show all posts
It seems like you have that unwavering fighting spirit.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-9-2023 08:31:37 | Show all posts
I'm not backing down; it's just that the losses have been so severe that it's difficult to recover.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list