Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Aspects of gamblers' mistakes, and how to train yourself scientifically.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 10:47:23 | Show all posts |Read mode
A qualified gambler should remain calm in the face of adversity, composed amidst chaos, and unruffled when successful. This requirement pertains to the psychological aspect. It's akin to an actor fully immersing themselves in a scene while on stage. But where does composure come from? Composure isn't innate; it stems from an enhanced understanding of the essence of things and reinforced targeted training. Today, I wish to extract minute details from gambling occurrences around us to discuss what truly makes the most effective approach.

1. The Illusion of Winning After Losing and Losing After Winning:
Let's examine two examples from game scenarios. The following graph illustrates a case where three hands are initially lost and then followed by winning three hands. A typical scenario of losing before winning, where with equal win rates, a total of 79 units is gained. Such situations are optimistic as they involve losing and then regaining. With a modest starting capital and this outcome, players naturally find their mental state well-balanced.

2. Suitable Heights for Profit-Taking and Stop-Loss:
In practical gaming discussions, we often mention profit-taking and stop-loss, but rarely do we know the appropriate levels to set them. However, one day, I came across a psychological effect, the specific name of which I have forgotten, but I've distinctly remembered its principle. This effect roughly states that when income or rewards increase by 20% from the original level, a sense of satisfaction is generated. Let's consider a practical example. An employer, after significant business growth, is considering salary increases for employees. Suppose you're in charge of the HR department; how would you plan this proposal?

The scientific basis lies in raising the salary by 20% from the original amount! If your raise is below 20%, say for an employee with a salary of $4000, and you want to raise it to $4500, this isn't suitable. In other words, the objective of the raise hasn't been achieved. After all, the purpose of raising salary is to stimulate employees' work enthusiasm, right? Raising it to $4500 won't fulfill this purpose. The correct approach is to raise it to $4800! This will genuinely stimulate the employee's work enthusiasm, accomplishing the objective of the raise.
20% is a critical point where a sense of satisfaction is generated psychologically. From the perspective of labor costs, raising the salary excessively would increase the company's burden. For instance, raising it to $5000 yields the same effect as raising it to $4800, so why not spend less money to achieve more? Haha... it's like I'm teaching people how to be HR managers! But I haven't deviated from the topic. Let's return to the profit-taking in gambling. You have a $2000 capital and a profit of $400. At this point, setting a profit target is the most reasonable choice. You've achieved a strong sense of satisfaction and received substantial returns. It's time to exit without regrets! The problem arises when, despite reaching this target, one doesn't leave, and if the situation rapidly deteriorates, tragedy strikes. This deeply ingrained satisfaction threshold (assuming you're unaware of it) suddenly influences human nature, and you're likely to take unnecessary risks and re-enter the crisis!

Knowing oneself and understanding human nature only becomes effective through training. As mentioned earlier, the scientifically determined profit-taking point causes a significant shift in one's psychological state once crossed. If you can withstand the impact of this 20% critical point, you can continue playing. This requires consistent training and is a long-term process. First, you need to understand this ""satisfaction point"" principle. It's somewhat akin to the characteristics of water. Below 4 degrees Celsius, water exhibits the properties of contraction when heated and expansion when cooled, while beyond this point, it shows the opposite properties. Frustrating, isn't it? I often tell myself repeatedly at this point that I shouldn't feel uneasy; it's a normal psychological reaction. Consequently, I regain my mental composure, and the game continues. Exiting and adjusting with a stop-loss at this moment would yield even better results! Give it a try; you'll see.

3. Winning $100 Every Day? The Biggest Joke Ever!
The correct approach is to play a certain number of hands every day, striving for a rational process, and aiming for long-term profits through a large sample size. Because we can't ensure that our daily win rate meets the profit standards, striving for profits in a situation where we're significantly disadvantaged is akin to wishful thinking and futile. We should focus on playing a set number of hands diligently, say 100 or 200 hands, and pay attention to the rationality of the process. When you lose, you lose, and when you win, you win. Don't get entangled in the temporary gains and losses. Only then can we confidently move forward in the world of gambling!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 10:52:45 | Show all posts
Instead of reading too many posts with opinions, it's more ideal to apply those insights in actual gameplay.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 11:14:13 | Show all posts
Rationality is about maintaining control over one's emotions, and achieving that is truly quite challenging.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 11:36:35 | Show all posts
Gambling has truly captivated me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 1-9-2023 11:29:41 | Show all posts
Winning and losing in gambling is a common reality.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 08:41:00 | Show all posts
When playing in gambling, it's important to be attentive and cautious.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-9-2023 09:47:32 | Show all posts
As long as there are winnings, there will inevitably be losses too; it's all about approaching it with rationality.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list