Reply: 3

Four Essential Principles Summarized by Expert Pot-Limit Omaha Players

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 05:45:08 | Show all posts |Read mode

1. No Blindly Following: Don't blindly follow when you're not confident.
"Blindly following" is a reluctant choice made by players in a passive situation. In general, opponents have confidence when they make a move (except for stealing blinds). When the opponent makes a move, you must consider the worst-case scenario. The most common scenario is when you have KK or QQ, or even AA of hearts, leading with bets, and suddenly the opponent makes a move. Look up and see they have an A outside. What to do? Follow or give up. If you choose to follow, be prepared to lose.

Following blindly with a large sum of money is a dangerous move. If the opponent has a small pair outside, they may have a hidden agenda, waiting with another pair or three of a kind to trap you. Additionally, even if the opponent has only one pair, they may get two pairs on the flop. If your chips are limited, it's better not to follow. Of course, when specific situations arise, analyze the opponent's playing style to catch them off guard.

2. No Chasing Straights: Don't use all your chips to see the fifth card for a straight.
Chasing a straight has its costs. The probability of winning with AA against a two-headed straight is definitely greater than 50%. The total cost of chasing a straight should not exceed 1/4 of your total gambling funds. If you want stability, don't force a straight. Even with a two-headed straight, don't blindly follow. After all, there are not many people with such good luck.

3. Careful Stealing: Don't steal when you can't see clearly, and don't use all your funds for stealing; double or triple the bet is enough.
Sometimes, you might have a hand that looks a lot like a straight. None of the hole cards are revealed, the playing process is smooth without aggressive raises or calls, and there's a good amount of chips when making a move. Logically, this hand might be considered a straight. However, the opponent casually says, "Enjoy it, enjoy it." Upon closer inspection, you realize they have a flush.

4. No Fishing: When the opponent is chasing a straight, don't give them a chance; if you have a strong hand, go all-in.
There was a time when I got two consecutive good hands, both three of a kind or two pairs. I slow-played, and in the end, he ended up with a straight, and he moved all-in first. I was furious but hesitant to follow. After that, my mindset was unbalanced, and I lost all my chips.

Adhering to these four principles can make poker players more stable in playing and gradually progress.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 08:16:52 | Show all posts
"Those who play Pot-Limit Omaha are warriors; I admire them."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 09:02:19 | Show all posts
"Playing with smaller stakes ensures that even with bad luck, you won't incur significant losses, maintaining a positive mindset."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 09:20:52 | Show all posts
"This game indeed brought a very high winning rate."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list