Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

EPL becomes a laughingstock again, mocked for spending recklessly.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 1-12-2023 10:53:59 | Show all posts |Read mode
These days mark the nights of the Champions League, as the group stage reaches its final rounds. The prospects of each group's advancement gradually become clearer. However, I recently noticed football fans mocking the poor European performance of the English Premier League (EPL) in the morning news. Many of these taunts came from fans outside the EPL.

I understand why fans outside the EPL mock its teams. In recent years, the EPL has developed well, overshadowing other leagues whose influence has gradually waned. Despite the EPL teams having substantial financial resources and numerous outstanding players, their performance in this Champions League can be considered less than satisfactory. As of now, only Manchester City and Arsenal are virtually confirmed to advance, while Manchester United and Newcastle face the possibility of elimination.

As an EPL fan, I certainly hope all EPL teams can perform well in European competitions. Even though many teams are rivals in the domestic league, I still wish for their success in European competitions. A strong performance in European competitions benefits the EPL by securing more Champions League spots—something positive for the league.

Unfortunately, the results are not ideal. This situation once again proves that, even with ample financial resources, football is not a sport where success is guaranteed by simply spending money. If the management is incompetent, no amount of money can guarantee success, as seen with Manchester United and Chelsea in recent seasons.

Sometimes, having more money only accentuates the foolish scene of a wealthy spendthrift throwing money away.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-12-2023 12:43:52 | Show all posts
Foolish, but at least they have money, hahaha.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-12-2023 12:52:57 | Show all posts
The Premier League is still competitive, but it's too chaotic and injuries are a real concern.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-12-2023 21:47:05 | Show all posts
Manchester United is truly having a tragic season with poor performance. As for Newcastle, there might still be a chance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 2-12-2023 08:00:50 | Show all posts
Haha, it's okay to be a bit foolish sometimes. The most important thing is to have money, so let those people laugh all they want.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list