Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

When a buddy asks to borrow money, it's the ultimate test of your emotional i...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 2-12-2023 22:19:10 | Show all posts |Read mode
"In life, there are so many things that can be bothersome, and one of the most troublesome situations is when a buddy asks to borrow money. If your friend suddenly approaches you for a loan because they lost a large sum of money in gambling, how should you handle it? I've been through such a situation myself, so I truly understand the mixed emotions involved.

However, at times like this, you need to assess your own situation—whether you have enough money in your pocket to lend them some. It's not just about showing loyalty; you can't risk giving away all your savings because you still need to maintain your own livelihood. You must ensure that you can continue to live a normal life without being negatively affected by someone else's problems. Otherwise, both of you might end up in a difficult situation, damaging your friendship, which wouldn't be worth it in the end.

Additionally, it's crucial to understand why your friend needs to borrow the money. Is it genuinely to resolve a problem and get out of a tough situation, or is it just a way for them to continue their gambling habits? When my friend was in a similar situation, he had lost a significant amount but showed sincere remorse, stating that he needed the money to pay off debts. That sincerity made me more inclined to help. However, if your friend is just looking for a way to continue burning money, it might be best to reconsider.

Friendship, whether big or small, depends on the depth of your relationship. Consider whether you share a bond like brothers or if your interactions are merely casual. I thought about whether this situation was worth risking our friendship. After all, when it comes to money, relationships can become sensitive.

Honestly, it's a challenging situation. In my case, I ended up lending the money, but I emphasized that it was a one-time thing, not a long-term financial support plan. After lending the money, I also kept regular communication with him to monitor his progress. It's not about distrust but rather a way to maintain open communication and offer some form of supervision.

Overall, this situation really tests your sense of responsibility and friendship. Approach it with great caution, and don't make impulsive decisions that you might regret for a lifetime. Your final decision should be based on a comprehensive consideration of yourself and your friend, not solely on emotions. I hope you find a way to help your friend while also protecting yourself. Good luck, brother!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 2-12-2023 22:35:02 | Show all posts
If it's an urgent matter, I can lend.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-12-2023 08:26:48 | Show all posts
I'll just share my perspective. The first time a friend asks to borrow money, I would genuinely lend it to them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-12-2023 11:27:08 | Show all posts
He's already opened his mouth, can you refuse with a clear conscience?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-12-2023 12:32:26 | Show all posts
"Fortunately, I am famously poor. Currently, no worries.
"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-12-2023 08:32:58 | Show all posts
Help in emergencies, not in poverty. I usually don't lend money often.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list