Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

If your friend is a gambler, would you still be friends with him?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-12-2023 20:32:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Indra55 at 22-12-2023 04:31 AM

When a friend has a gambling problem, it is indeed a matter that needs serious consideration. For me, friendship is built on mutual respect, support, and shared values. Gambling can bring many negative impacts to one's life, including financial issues, psychological stress, and strained relationships. When choosing friends, we often hope to connect with positive, healthy individuals who share common interests and hobbies.

I would try to understand the impact of my friend's gambling behavior on himself and those around him. Gambling may lead to financial problems, including economic pressure and debt. If my friend's gambling problem is severe enough to affect his daily life and future development, I might consider taking some intervention measures to help him overcome the difficulties.

Additionally, I would consider my friend's attitude and willingness to address this issue. If he recognizes the potential negative effects of gambling and is willing to seek help, I might support his decision and provide some resources and assistance. However, if he is indifferent to the gambling problem or refuses to change, it may complicate the friendship.

Friendship is mutual, not a one-sided effort. If my friend's gambling behavior has a negative impact on our relationship, such as breaking trust or frequently borrowing money, I may need to seriously consider whether I can sustain this friendship. A healthy friendship should be built on mutual respect and support, rather than bringing additional burdens and problems.

In assessing whether a friend has a gambling problem, I would consider his attitude, the extent of willingness to change, and the impact on our friendship. Friendship needs to be based on shared values and mutual support, and for those negative behaviors that may jeopardize the friendship, we may need to handle them with caution to maintain our own health and balance.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-12-2023 20:54:26 | Show all posts
I might not become friends with him, at least not on a deeper level.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 07:09:00 | Show all posts
The premise is that you are already friends. Just because he is a gambler, does it mean deciding whether to remain friends or not?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 08:05:32 | Show all posts
It depends on his mentality. As long as it doesn't affect his character, then it's okay.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 08:42:56 | Show all posts
It's fine as long as the character is not an issue.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 10:21:23 | Show all posts
Consideration should be given to the friend's attitude and willingness to address the issue. Friendship is built on mutual respect and support.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list