Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Musk: I won't spend much time thinking about cryptocurrency!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-12-2023 20:35:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
Tesla founder Elon Musk and Ark Funds CEO Cathie Wood, known as the "female stock god," engaged in a Space conversation on Musk's social media platform X on the 22nd. During the discussion, Musk shared his thoughts on artificial intelligence (AI), cryptocurrency, and his vision of turning X into a super app.

Firstly, Musk's stance on cryptocurrency, especially the "Dogecoin father" Musk's attitude toward cryptocurrency might disappoint the cryptocurrency and Dogecoin communities. According to reports from "Beginza," Musk confessed, "I won't spend much time thinking about cryptocurrency." Musk, who had previously stated that his companies would not issue "cryptocurrency tokens," applied information theory to the monetary system, stating that if inflation and deflation were minimal, fiat currency would be a good resource allocation database, describing it as "an information system where you want to minimize noise."

On another note, when discussing how to upgrade X into a "super app" combining features such as payments, live streaming, recruitment, and socializing, Musk revealed that X has obtained money transmission service provider licenses in over half of the states in the United States. He stated, "I think we actually have most of the states (licenses)." Musk added that X is still awaiting approval for licenses in New York and California and expects to obtain money transmission licenses for all 50 states in the US by mid-2024. He emphasized, "I think we will have all the approvals by mid-next year. If it takes longer than this timetable, I would be surprised." Previously, Musk had expressed his goal to see X launch financial payment services by the end of 2024, a sentiment shared by X's new CEO Yaccarino, who believes there will be ample opportunities in 2024.

In the Space session, Musk also discussed his passion for AI. As one of the co-founders of OpenAI, he revealed his significant role in creating OpenAI and the company's naming process. He mentioned helping the company's chief scientist and co-founder Ilya Sutskever join OpenAI. Sutskever, a former employee of Google under Alphabet, was a key figure in the dismissal of OpenAI's former CEO Sam Altman. Musk suggested that recruiting Sutskever to OpenAI may have been the reason Alphabet co-founder Larry Page ceased to be his friend. Now outside OpenAI, Musk criticized the company as no longer open-source, becoming super-closed, and pursuing maximum profit. He mentioned that his AI company, xAI, is testing the chatbot Grok, with the goal of becoming the most interesting AI chatbot and serving as a calibrator of facts. Musk stated, "I think there will be a competition about facts. If a chatbot is striving to improve accuracy, it will encourage all chatbots to become more accurate because people naturally tend to favor the most accurate one."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-12-2023 20:37:59 | Show all posts
If you see something promising, just get involved; why spend too much time pondering?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-12-2023 22:06:08 | Show all posts
This person is Elon Musk, isn't he a holder of cryptocurrency?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-12-2023 06:48:08 | Show all posts
Musk is no longer the richest person nowadays, right?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-12-2023 06:48:45 | Show all posts
It's necessary to think about it; that can't be overlooked.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 27-12-2023 07:54:39 | Show all posts
Thinking about cryptocurrency is something worth exploring.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list