Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Happiness is hard to come by, so why are you hesitating?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-1-2024 15:40:44 | Show all posts |Read mode
Many years ago, I visited an aquarium with the desire to explore the wonders of the underwater world. In such places, sharks are essential, but what struck me as strange was not the sharks themselves; rather, it was the vibrant group of tropical fish swimming freely alongside them. The sharks, as the top predators in the food chain, seemed oblivious to their colorful companions. Growing up watching "Animal World," I knew that sharks in the ocean catch and eat whatever they can. So, why, in the aquarium, did they seem to lose their ferocious nature and turn into docile creatures?

With this question in mind, I asked the aquarium staff, and they shared the following information with me.

Every new shark that arrives undergoes special training. Initially, they are placed on one side of a tank separated by toughened glass, with tropical fish on the other side. At first, the sharks relentlessly charge toward the tropical fish, but due to the tempered glass in between, they repeatedly collide, sustaining injuries. Despite the bloodshed, they can only watch as the tropical fish swim unharmed on the other side. When it comes to feeding, the sharks are only given small, shallow-water fish like crucian carp and grass carp. Over time, the sharks start considering tropical fish as illusions and focus on catching the shallow-water fish. By the time of the exhibition, they can peacefully coexist with the tropical fish.

Back then, I marveled at the creativity of the training staff. However, it was only much later, after experiencing gambling, that I had a sudden realization: sharks are afraid of pain!

In the world of gambling, there is a pattern among enthusiasts: they start by betting thousands or hundreds of dollars per game, but later, they can only afford to wager a few dozen dollars. This behavior reflects a fear of pain. Initially thinking money is easy to win, they bet large amounts, only to lose repeatedly. As their capital diminishes and confidence wanes, they become cautious. As a sports bettor, I also succumbed to this pattern. After losing multiple times on the same bet, I hesitated to wager on similar opportunities, only to witness the outcomes in my favor. It's a classic case of having the courage to lose but not the courage to win—just like sharks fearing pain.

In conclusion, let's encourage each other with this thought: Gambling indeed requires courage!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-1-2024 15:52:11 | Show all posts
Actually, it's all like this. Gambling really requires courage.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-1-2024 16:03:39 | Show all posts
Review and contemplate more; discover subtle patterns.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-1-2024 20:57:56 | Show all posts
All problems can be found within oneself.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-1-2024 21:08:05 | Show all posts
I just learned that sharks need training when they go to the aquarium.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list