Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

How to manage emotions and control emotions in gambling.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 20:52:02 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri333 at 27-12-2023 11:40 AM

For those of us who love gambling on the forum, we all know that controlling emotions is crucial while gambling. Today, let me discuss with you some methods to control emotions effectively when gambling. We are aware that emotional fluctuations during gambling can lead to impulsive decisions and irrational bets.

First, we should set predetermined decisions: Before starting gambling, establish your own decision-making and behavioral guidelines. For example, set a betting limit and decide under what circumstances you must stop gambling, and stick to it. Additionally, set a budget: Establish an entertainment budget for yourself, using only the amount you can afford to lose. Once you exceed this budget, stop gambling immediately. Find ways to ensure that you don't easily access your core capital, whether it's managing it with your family, keeping it in the bank, or locking it away - you should find a method that suits you.

During the gambling process, maintain calm and rational thinking. When losing money, we tend to impulsively try to recover our losses. Remember not to chase losses impulsively, but rather make rational decisions about whether to continue the game. Here's what I usually do: after losing a round or when emotions are running high (and I can't calm down from the loss), I temporarily leave the gambling environment or step away from the computer and engage in distracting activities to calm my emotions. Many times, I might have a cigarette, take a shower, go outside for some fresh air, chat with someone, and so on. I have found that this approach is quite effective. When you find your emotions tensing up or starting to lose control, deep breathing can genuinely help you calm down at least a bit.

So, when you're losing money, I advise everyone to leave the scene temporarily, engage in conversations with people, participate in other entertainment activities, or play some online games to divert your attention. In part, it allows you to set aside your bad luck for a while, and when your bad luck subsides, good luck may follow. I don't know if you all share the same sentiment, but I've noticed that drinking alcohol while gambling may not maintain good luck. This could be due to the fact that alcohol affects judgment and emotional control. So, slowly, I've reduced my alcohol consumption while gambling, and even if I do drink, I stop gambling if I've had too much. Do you guys have a similar experience?

Emotional control can be considered a skill that takes time and practice to develop. I know people often say whether you can do it or not, but as long as you keep trying and practicing, maintaining a calm, rational, and responsible attitude in gambling can indeed be helpful. I hope we can all be sensible gamblers!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 21:56:53 | Show all posts
Emotional instability can often be a sign of youth. At my age, I know what I want, and I have good control over my emotions, so they remain stable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 22:39:42 | Show all posts
To calm oneself down, you don't necessarily need a cigarette, hahaha – just kidding! You can also go grab a glass of water to soothe your nerves.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 02:46:16 | Show all posts
Staying calm and not acting impulsively is something that a mentally sound adult must prioritize. Losing control of emotions can harm oneself and magnify situations that were originally manageable into something uncontrollable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 02:50:27 | Show all posts
Being a rational gambler isn't easy, but it's important to keep reminding oneself to improve over time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 03:13:19 | Show all posts
In fact, it's more appropriate to say that it's not about how we control our emotions, but rather how we break free from emotional control.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list