Reply: 6

2022 World Cup final was probably the most thrilling one I've ever watched

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 12:19:36 | Show all posts |Read mode
I have forgotten when I first got into soccer, but I remember the first World Cup I watched was the 2006 World Cup in Germany. Many memorable moments were born in that tournament, such as Zinedine Zidane's divine performance that eliminated Brazil, which had the "magic quartet" at the time. I've watched several World Cup finals since then, but in my more than 10 years of watching soccer, no tournament has been more exciting than this one. After watching the 2022 World Cup final, I feel fulfilled.

I've said before that World Cup finals are often uneventful. This is mainly because the pressure in the final is often greater than in other matches, so teams tend to play conservatively, and the score is usually not a big one. Alternatively, the two teams in the final are so strong that the score difference is significant. These two scenarios often lead to a lack of back-and-forth action in the final. However, yesterday's final broke this stereotype.

Although Argentina scored two early goals in the first half, which seemed to remove any suspense from the game, I couldn't help but feel disappointed. Since Cristiano Ronaldo was eliminated, I hoped the final could provide an exciting match, but France's first-half performance can be said to be the worst of this tournament. The whole team seemed to lack motivation, which made me wonder if that so-called illness and the smoke bomb incident were true. However, we couldn't verify the actual situation. The first half was so unattractive that France quickly substituted Giroud and Dembele.

In the second half, the situation did not change. Just when I thought Argentina would hold on to their two-goal lead and win the World Cup, a superstar was needed to save the game. Mbappe had been quiet the entire match but suddenly came alive around the 80th minute. Even after Mbappe's penalty goal at the 80th minute, I still thought Argentina was in control. But one minute later, Mbappe scored again, completely turning the game around. It was at this moment that the game truly began. Mbappe's goal awakened the French team, and from then on, they launched wave after wave of attacks on Argentina.

In extra time, both teams went through similar scenarios. Argentina took the lead again, and the one who put them ahead was Messi! In the final, in extra time, with a game-winning goal, all the elements were set for Messi to become the savior; all we needed was the final whistle to declare Messi the king. But Mbappe rejected that script and calmly converted a penalty in the 118th minute. That's when I realized that the one who was truly as steady as an old dog was Mbappe!

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 12:52:37 | Show all posts
Mbappé is indeed a talented player, and he came close to achieving greatness in this World Cup.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 12:57:47 | Show all posts
Mbappé, as long as he continues like this, he will truly make history in the future.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 13:48:22 | Show all posts
I also really enjoy this game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 16:11:03 | Show all posts
I am really not like Mbappé.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 18:47:11 | Show all posts
Mbappé is so arrogant, I don't like him, either.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 8-9-2023 18:53:00 | Show all posts
Messi left Paris to Miami after 2022 World Cup, so Mbappé was at odd with Messi, that's true?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list