Reply: 4

Gobert says: "I'm willing to be the villain and face punishment."

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 25-3-2024 13:29:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
In today's game between the Timberwolves and the Cavaliers, the two teams were neck and neck throughout the entire game. However, controversy arose in the final stages of the fourth quarter when Timberwolves center Rudy Gobert was called for a foul. Following the call, Gobert made a controversial "money gesture" towards the referee, resulting in a technical foul and his ejection from the game. Despite this, Gobert maintained that the referee's decisions indeed impacted the game and stated his willingness to accept any consequences.

The Timberwolves and the Cavaliers engaged in a fierce battle today, with the Timberwolves briefly taking the lead by one point with just 1 minute left in regulation play thanks to a jump shot by Naz Reid. However, in the next offensive play, Gobert committed a blocking foul under the basket, which he disputed with the referees by making a "rubbing fingers" gesture, leading to a subsequent technical foul, his sixth personal foul of the game.

This foul had a significant impact on the Timberwolves, as the Cavaliers tied the game with free throws resulting from the technical foul, leading to overtime. Without Gobert, the Timberwolves faltered in overtime, ultimately losing by a margin of 9 points.

As for Gobert's gesture towards the referees, considered taboo in the league, he may face fines and penalties from the league. However, he candidly stated, "I'm willing to play the bad guy and accept the fine, but I believe that this time the officiating severely damaged our game. I know that betting and other factors increasingly influence the game, but this shouldn't be the case."

However, even the assistant coach Micah Nori, who was in charge of the Timberwolves today, expressed disagreement with Gobert's actions, stating, "Honestly, a technical foul with 27 seconds left in the game is completely unacceptable. He's that kind of player, but he needs to be smarter. I know he's frustrated, the team is frustrated, and we need to approach the game in a smarter way."

Gobert admitted that his actions contributed to the team's loss in this game, making him feel immature, but he also reiterated his criticism of the referees, saying, "It's not just about that one call. Everyone makes mistakes, but if it happens over and over again, it's just frustrating."

Regarding similar gestures made by players towards referees in domestic basketball games, former Dreamers guard Wu Chia-Chun was fined NT$15,000 by the league for making a similar rubbing fingers gesture during a game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-3-2024 22:08:02 | Show all posts
It's indeed about asserting penalties.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits