Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 1

it's just such an unreasonable and unfair situation.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-3-2024 08:10:33 | Show all posts |Read mode
Today I want to chat with you all about something that happened at work, involving one of my colleagues. She's usually very capable, never procrastinating or falling behind on tasks assigned to her. Sometimes she even completes tasks before the deadline. People like her are often called "strong women," but sometimes unfortunate things happen, especially to those who are highly competent at work.

It's not anything major I want to discuss, though. Nothing like a TV drama plot where a group of colleagues gangs up on this strong woman. In reality, it's quite mild. During casual conversations among us colleagues, in the absence of this strong woman, we ended up discussing her behind her back. One colleague couldn't understand why she took work so seriously. While being willing to work is commendable, sometimes having too high expectations can lead to trouble, he said, and his view was echoed by others. Then came the classic stereotypes, with some people believing that her strong personality would make it difficult for her to find a husband. It's safe to say that stereotypes about women were rife.

Of course, these words didn't reach the ears of that strong woman, but they did make me realize something. Sometimes, having strong capabilities at work can lead to resentment from others, especially when it comes to women, which exacerbates that resentment. It's really a flaw in human nature. Some people choose to belittle others' flaws to make themselves feel better, even if those flaws are fabricated.

I didn't agree with their views at the time. I just said that things might not be as they seemed, and at least having someone who takes work seriously can help me solve many tasks. From the perspective of someone who's lazy at work like me, having someone willing to work diligently is a good thing. Some people also realized that they were in the wrong, and the topic didn't continue.

So, that's just a little anecdote from my work life, shared with you all.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 28-3-2024 10:04:38 | Show all posts
Don't overthink it.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list