Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Cook: Irving is the most skilled player I've ever seen.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 04:17:05 | Show all posts |Read mode
March 31st News: Former Warriors guard Quinn Cook participated in a podcast program where they discussed Mavericks guard Irving and Clippers guard Harden.

Cook: "I have to say, Irving is the most skilled player I've ever seen. I was with him during his rookie year, watching him train every day. I had seen him before, but this time, I could see him doing those fundamental drills every day. He's just an alien, capable of making all kinds of moves around the basket, including finishes, jelly layups, various angled bank shots, and so on. And Irving's competitiveness is very strong. It was really hard to defend against him when he was paired with LeBron."

"I personally think if Durant hadn't joined the Warriors in 2016, I don't see how the Warriors could have hoped to beat the Cavaliers in 2017, because no one could match up with both of them. The 2017 Cavaliers had a really good lineup, including JR, Smith, Shumpert, Thompson, Deron Williams, Jefferson, and more. There was also the Rockets at that time, and Harden was really hard to defend against. We couldn't do anything against him. I still believe Harden can regain that level of ability, but I think he doesn't want to do it anymore because he has George and Leonard around him."

"I remember in that series against the Rockets, I missed a crucial shot in a key moment, allowing the Rockets to lead 3-2. I was terrified: Was I going to lose in my first year with the Warriors? Then Paul got injured in Game 5, and I was defending him at that time. I even received death threats because of it. Then we turned it around in Games 6 and 7. They missed like 28 consecutive threes in Game 7."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 04:28:35 | Show all posts
The Rockets were indeed formidable, even though they didn't win a championship.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 04:29:32 | Show all posts
If Durant hadn't joined the Warriors, the Cavaliers would probably have won the championship. If Durant had joined the Spurs, the Spurs would likely have won the championship. That's the outcome.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 04:29:42 | Show all posts
After praising so many people—Irving, James, Harden—let's not forget to praise your former boss.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 04:29:56 | Show all posts
I thought it was the Apple CEO Cook.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-4-2024 06:59:18 | Show all posts
I still believe Harden can regain his ability from that time, but I feel like he doesn't want to do it anymore.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list