Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 7

Discussing why players don't concede even after a crushing defeat.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 20:35:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Have you ever experienced a devastating loss in gambling? Have you had such an experience this year? If your answer is yes, have you learned from it and not repeated the same mistakes? Why do so many people keep reliving their heartbreaking stories? Let's talk about this topic today.

We know that no one can win all the time, just as nature has its peaks and valleys, so does gambling. During an upswing in luck, you can win joyfully and happily. But luck can also decline, and that's when you find yourself in a tug-of-war with the house. After a while, there may not be much left, or perhaps you've lost more than expected. At this point, if you rashly increase your bets, it often leads to even greater losses. Rational people choose to cut their losses. Impulsive people choose to go all in, hoping for a quick turnaround. If they win, they celebrate, but if they lose, it's game over.

Losing everything is terrifying, but what's even worse is not facing reality after losing everything and making another deposit. After the second deposit, you no longer have the caution you had when you started. Instead, you're anxious to recoup your losses and often resort to high-stakes gambling, which usually results in further losses. Then you look for any remaining balance in your accounts, and the cycle continues until you've reached the point of no return. By then, it's too late to regret; you wish you had never started. Unfortunately, it's too late to turn back time, and you've learned the hard way that reckless gambling leads to financial ruin.

While a major mistake can't be undone, you can still accumulate your original capital, and gambling can continue. Therefore, the lessons should be learned. In my view, one reason why people refuse to admit defeat is pride. Players on forums often see posts about profits and feel that if others can win so much, they should too; otherwise, it would be embarrassing. Similarly, when chatting with other players or friends about their gambling results, they don't want to lose face. So, to preserve their self-esteem, they continue to gamble.

Another reason is a misguided gambling philosophy. Why gamble? Many players believe that gambling is all about making money and accumulating more wealth. Therefore, when they win a hundred dollars, they feel like it's their money. But if they lose fifty dollars afterward, it feels like they've lost their own fifty dollars. In reality, it's just the house taking back part of what it gave you. Your original hundred dollars is still yours. The correct gambling philosophy should be that gambling is primarily for entertainment, excitement, and exploring the mysteries of numerical combinations. If you happen to make some money along the way, that's a bonus. With this perspective, you won't get hung up on short-term wins or losses. After all, money in the virtual world is just a number that fluctuates between you and the house. It's like two evenly matched boxers in a ring; both have the chance to win. Sometimes you get hit by the house and lose a few rounds, leaving you dazed and confused. But don't rush to regain your honor while you're weak; that will only lead to more pain. Instead, adopt a defensive stance, recover your strength, and seize the opportunity to strike the opponent's vulnerable spots. In the world of gambling, although the ultimate goal is to win money, we shouldn't make winning money the sole purpose. There's a saying that if you're in a romantic relationship solely for the purpose of marriage, you're just being a rogue. Similarly, in gambling, if your sole purpose is to make money, you're missing out on the fun of the process. When you truly enjoy gambling, making money becomes a byproduct of the experience.

In conclusion, you may wonder why players refuse to admit defeat. Do you agree with my views? Please feel free to share your valuable opinions."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 20:39:47 | Show all posts
I used to refuse to admit defeat, but now I do, and I won't experience significant losses again. So, it's not true that all players refuse to admit defeat.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 20:44:46 | Show all posts
Are you in a creative field? If it were me, I'd take a break in the restroom, and inspiration would strike. I don't know why, but does anyone else feel the same way?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 20:55:14 | Show all posts
I believe, for jobs that rely on inspiration for creativity, it's essential to maintain a relaxed mindset and not force it. When inspiration strikes, seize the opportunity and create to your heart's content. During those "constipated" periods, learn to relax, engage in other activities, and give your brain a chance to "recharge." Who knows, one day inspiration might suddenly strike. Creative work can have its moments of inspiration drought, but maintaining a light-hearted attitude will eventually bring inspiration back.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 20:58:15 | Show all posts
Audits usually have reasons behind them; companies don't typically do them without cause.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 21:09:50 | Show all posts
I've been lacking inspiration lately, and it's been quite frustrating...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 10-9-2023 21:13:11 | Show all posts
I would choose to travel alone, wander around, find fulfillment in my soul, and that's when inspiration strikes. Ha!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 07:05:11 | Show all posts
I agree with the second reason you mentioned. Many people misunderstand gambling, thinking it's just a place to make money. In reality, earning money is just a bonus. True gambling should be, as you said, a form of entertainment, a joy in exploring the mysteries of numbers. If you win money, that's fantastic, and if you lose, consider it a lesson learned to avoid repeating mistakes. Treating gambling as a path to wealth is destined to be accompanied by anxiety and anguish, where even winning doesn't bring true happiness, and losing is even more frustrating.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list