Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Managing expectations is really important, on various levels.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 10:50:57 | Show all posts |Read mode
What's most frustrating when playing slot machines? That's when you trigger the free spins, but those free spins don't pay out at all. Today, it started just like yesterday – I hit the free spins within the first 30 spins, which got me excited for a moment. But then, after 10 free spins, it only paid out 1 dollar. That's even worse than not triggering the free spins at all.

So, adjusting your expectations is really important. For example, if I've set aside 30 dollars to play, and if I don't hit any big wins, I might be disappointed, but not too much. But when you do trigger the free spins, it's a different story. Slot players know that hitting the free spins is a rare event, so we anticipate them bringing in massive profits.

And when you have such high expectations, getting just 1 dollar in return is quite a letdown. In reality, and in gambling, it's often not a good idea to have overly high expectations. Recently, I've learned the importance of managing expectations. As long as you don't set your expectations too high, you won't be too disappointed. Plus, there's a greater chance of exceeding those expectations. So, learning to manage expectations is a win-win situation, no matter how you look at it.

In the end, I truly hope I won't encounter situations like this in slot machines again – where it teases you with the promise of a big win during free spins and then crushes your expectations. It's not the first time this has happened, and these 1-dollar free spins are worse than not triggering them at all. I'd rather know from the start that I won't win much and then be pleasantly surprised if I do.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 12:03:56 | Show all posts
The expectation when playing slot machines is originally driven by the hope of hitting a big jackpot, and managing that expectation can be quite challenging.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 17:00:57 | Show all posts
Well, $1 is still money, even though it's a bit less. But it's definitely better than losing everything, right?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 17:55:36 | Show all posts
"I can totally understand your frustration! Slot machines can be quite tricky and always feel like you're playing a psychological game with them. But if they paid out big wins every time, could they even be called gambling? Slot machines are a form of gambling, and there's no gambling game that guarantees winnings.

I hope next time you gamble, you can approach it more rationally and calmly, without letting it become a psychological burden."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 18:25:12 | Show all posts
Slot machines are purely for entertainment, and hoping for a big win really comes down to luck. I agree that not having expectations can prevent disappointment. Many times, pleasant surprises happen when you least expect them, and that's when you truly feel delighted.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 18:40:19 | Show all posts
Anyway, I'm not going to play slot machines anymore.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 11-9-2023 18:41:47 | Show all posts
Expectation value is crucial.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list