Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Do you quit your job when you realize it's not a good fit?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Administrator

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 13:56:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
"What would you do if you one day discover that your job is not suitable for you? Should you persevere or not? This is actually a very good question, and there are two different meanings to 'not suitable' that you should distinguish. First, 'not suitable' means it makes you unhappy. The second meaning is that it doesn't allow you to leverage your strengths and you don't feel a sense of value.

For these two different meanings, in the first case, where it makes you unhappy, I believe it's something you should endure. At such times, your job can also be a way to temper your mindset. There are many reasons for unhappiness, such as not getting along with your boss, finding the work challenging, or having to work far from home. Even encountering setbacks or being scolded by a client can make you unhappy. If you keep changing jobs because of this kind of unhappiness, you might end up constantly switching jobs. Therefore, I suggest that if it's just because you're unhappy, you should adjust yourself.

On the other hand, if the job doesn't allow you to leverage your strengths or feel valuable, then it's a clear sign that you should consider changing jobs. Finding work where you can utilize your strengths and add value is crucial in your career. During this process, you'll continuously enhance your skills and knowledge, which is important for personal growth."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-9-2023 23:51:10 | Show all posts
I'm currently in this phase where I constantly feel unsatisfied with my work, and my mood isn't very pleasant. I always find myself thinking about going back to my previous job position. However, I've already resigned, and I'm not sure if it's possible to return.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 13:55:57 | Show all posts
Where can you find so many suitable jobs? Do you have the courage to quit? It might be better to secure a new job first before resigning. Having a job now is already a good thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 18:55:58 | Show all posts
If it were me, I would also consider resigning.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:03:46 | Show all posts
If the job doesn't suit you, just keep looking until you find the right one. There's always a job that's suitable for you.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 16-9-2023 21:15:01 | Show all posts
In the current tough environment, we often can't be too picky about jobs. I believe that living a happy life is important, so the prerequisite is to do what you love. That's the key to long-lasting happiness.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list