Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Second place bitterness - Arsenal captain's expression.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 06:23:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Arsenal, the Gunners, spent most of the season at the top of the table in June. However, they stumbled during the final sprint of the season, leaving many fans disappointed. The Arsenal captain admitted that he felt very frustrated, especially after he was certain that the team had no chance of competing for the championship. He even mentioned that he couldn't bring himself to watch Manchester City's celebrations, and this has been quite painful for him.

The captain's, likely referring to Ødegaard, performance has been remarkable, with 15 goals this season, placing him alongside De Bruyne as one of the highest-scoring midfielders in the history of the Premier League. Despite his outstanding performance, the team led by the captain couldn't overcome a better-performing Manchester City side. Combined with Arsenal's recurring late-season slumps, the captain feels self-blame, believing that he could have done better.

Interestingly, the captain and Erling Haaland of Manchester City are also teammates in the national team, and they have a great relationship. Recently, when asked by the media about Haaland's treble victory, the captain said, "I try not to look at too many celebrations because it still hurts. I try not to think about it too much. We had a very good season, but I still feel sour for a long time."

He also revealed that this failure was a significant blow to Arsenal internally. However, considering that the overall squad of the Gunners is still young, the late-season collapse was mostly attributed to a lack of experience in handling pressure. So, with reinforcements and more experience, they believe their performance will improve next season. Arsenal is currently at a critical juncture, and they must deliver results in the next two years; otherwise, this generation of players may go their separate ways.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 06:38:49 | Show all posts
I would feel the same way if I were in his shoes.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 07:17:22 | Show all posts
The entire Arsenal team is still quite young, and in terms of probability, Arsenal is likely to have opportunities to win championships in the next two to three years.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 08:12:04 | Show all posts
As long as they regroup, work even harder, and stay dedicated, they will have a chance at the championship. Arsenal is indeed a formidable team.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 11:30:05 | Show all posts
Second place is also very competitive.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 12:47:47 | Show all posts
Manchester City are very strong in recent years.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list