Reply: 3

Modrić's Unfulfilled Dream: Not All Great Players Get the Perfect Ending

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 13:33:43 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Compared to high-profile tournaments like the World Cup, the UEFA Nations League, which seems somewhat contrived for commercial reasons, may indeed lack some appeal. Nevertheless, I still followed the UEFA Nations League finals in June, and the reason was simple: it could very well be the last opportunity for Croatian player Luka Modrić to secure his first international championship with the national team.

I believe there's no need for an extensive introduction to Modrić's illustrious career. He has achieved every honor possible at the club level and even earned the prestigious Ballon d'Or award. However, the one regret might be that he hasn't yet won a substantial international trophy with his national team. Croatia has had its chances, reaching the World Cup final once and the semi-finals on another occasion. They also reached the UEFA Nations League final this time, but they fell short each time. Honestly, I can't help but feel immense sympathy for Modrić.

Modrić, as a midfielder, embodies everything I imagine a midfielder should be: capable of organizing, attacking, and defending. His near-complete skill set has almost single-handedly elevated Croatia to the heights they've reached today. If you're someone who watches football regularly, it's difficult not to be drawn in by his style of play. It's just unfortunate that players like him, who possess such all-around abilities, sometimes can't have a perfect ending to their careers.

In the football world, there are many players like Modrić who have achieved almost everything but fall short of one thing. My football idol, Cristiano Ronaldo, is slightly luckier than Modrić in this regard. He has won the European Championship with Portugal. However, when Portugal was eliminated last year, and Cristiano Ronaldo couldn't hold back tears in front of the camera, it was a heart-wrenching moment. In football, not all talented players can achieve the pinnacle. Some face obstacles due to lack of opportunities, while others simply have bad luck. In these cases, football becomes more of a tragedy than a triumph.

Football fans often engage in rivalries and arguments, but there's really no need for that. For players like Modrić, who are approaching retirement, it's not worth the effort to criticize or diminish their achievements. Cristiano Ronaldo and Lionel Messi have already moved on from the mainstream stage, and Modrić is nearing that phase as well. While I'll continue to watch matches featuring the new generation of players, I cherish the memories of Modrić, Messi, and Ronaldo from my youth. These players have brought joy to countless fans, and as the days when I can reminisce about my youth become fewer, I treasure those memories even more."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 21:09:58 | Show all posts
It's a pity indeed that the national team is lacking a championship.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-9-2023 21:13:03 | Show all posts
Talented players are a fundamental guarantee of success, but their combination doesn't necessarily result in a perfect victory.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 08:22:58 | Show all posts
A favorable outcome is not something everyone can achieve.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list