Reply: 1

Di María: Messi handing over the captain's armband to me was a beautiful moment

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 08:12:52 | Show all posts |Read mode
Di María expressed, "Messi handing over the captain's armband to me was a beautiful moment."

In the just-concluded World Cup qualifiers, Argentina defeated Ecuador 1-0 in their opening match, and Messi, after scoring a goal, took a rest and handed over the captain's armband to Di María.

Di María stated in an interview, "Wearing the captain's armband is a very special moment for me. A few days ago, the world's best player, Messi, gave me the captain's armband, and it was a beautiful moment."

"Messi worked hard until the last minute to be able to play, but it's best not to take risks. This game was perfect; we didn't make mistakes and achieved what we wanted. It's important for the team to secure victories at the beginning, starting with 6 points. We have the world's best player, and it's impossible for others not to love Argentina."

Di María, who is now 35 years old, has been representing Argentina since 2008, with 132 caps, 29 goals, and 27 assists to his name. He scored in the 2021 Copa America final and last year's World Cup final, helping the team win both tournaments. Earlier, ESPN reported that Di María would retire from the national team after next year's Copa America.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 19-9-2023 09:32:19 | Show all posts
Still have high hopes for him.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register