Reply: 3

Man City Nervous in Final - Like Everyone

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 13:32:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
"In June, I watched the UEFA Champions League final, and I must say congratulations to Manchester City for finally winning their first-ever Champions League title. As a Manchester United fan, it's a bit strange to offer well wishes to our cross-city rivals, but the winners indeed deserve this congratulations. Moreover, Manchester City has become the second team, after Manchester United, to achieve the treble (winning three major trophies), and for such an achievement, multiple congratulations are not excessive.

There's a saying that goes ""finals often have no names,"" so yesterday's final, in terms of gameplay, wasn't particularly attractive. Manchester City didn't display their usual dominance and stability from the league; they played nervously. There was even a moment when a Manchester City goalkeeper kicked the ball directly out of bounds, leaving me stunned as I watched the live broadcast. I believe the Manchester City players were quite nervous too because they were extremely eager to win this Champions League trophy. Their previous unsuccessful attempts had only heightened their desire for this trophy.

However, there's another saying that goes ""the more you care, the more you're likely to be nervous in crucial moments."" The visible nervousness of the Manchester City players in the first half made me realize that even these seemingly robotic footballers can experience moments of anxiety, just like ordinary people. Additionally, Inter Milan played exceptionally well, so the actual situation wasn't as one-sided as it was portrayed externally. Instead, both sides had their advantages, and Manchester City was undoubtedly luckier in the end. Near the end of the match, Inter Milan had at least two excellent opportunities to score, but they were brilliantly saved by the Manchester City goalkeeper. Without those saves, it could have gone either way.

The UEFA Champions League title is the pinnacle of football honors, something all fans and coaches dream of achieving on the highest stage. Even a renowned manager like Pep Guardiola needed 12 years to win another Champions League trophy, highlighting just how challenging it is to win this competition. The scenes of Real Madrid winning three consecutive Champions League titles back then are likely to be an unmatched height in the foreseeable future. I wonder what next year's UEFA Champions League will bring in terms of results.

Lastly, while it might sound a bit harsh, I still hope that Guardiola will leave Manchester City after winning the Champions League. With him in charge, Manchester City has been dominating the league, making it nearly impossible for other teams to compete for the league title. Although facing strong opposition is what makes sports exciting, too much dominance can affect the overall spectacle. I don't know if Guardiola will leave Manchester City in the next two years, but given his personality, I believe there's a good chance he might."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 13:33:32 | Show all posts
The competition field is where it's all decided, so it's natural to feel nervous. Not being nervous would be abnormal, ha-ha!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 15:27:02 | Show all posts
So, winning under such high-pressure circumstances is truly not easy. Every time I watch a match, even through the screen, I can feel the pressure they're under, let alone those on the field. They deserve our respect.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 20-9-2023 15:36:47 | Show all posts
Inter Milan's strong performance is perfectly normal as well.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list