Reply: 3

"The Four Principles of All-In, Summarized by Experts"

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 11:46:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
"1. Don't follow blindly: You shouldn't follow someone else's raise when you're not confident.
   - ""Following blindly"" is often a passive move made by players when they are in a difficult situation. In most cases, opponents raise with confidence (except for bluffing). When your opponent raises, you should always consider the worst-case scenario. The most common scenario for a raise is when you have KK or QQ or even AA of hearts, and you've been consistently raising, but suddenly your opponent raises. When you look at their hand, you see they have one Ace exposed. What should you do? Follow or fold? If you decide to follow, you must be prepared to lose.

Following a heavy raise can be very risky. If your opponent has a small pair in the hole, they might be concealing their true strength, possibly with one or two pairs or three of a kind waiting for you.

Furthermore, even if your opponent has only one pair, they might have raised first and could end up with two pairs. If your chip stack is limited, it's better not to follow. Of course, during the actual game, you need to analyze your opponent's playing style. Catching your opponent off guard can be beneficial.

2. Don't chase straights: Don't use all your chips to see the 5th card of a straight.
   - Chasing a straight comes at a cost. The chances of winning with AA against two ends of a straight are definitely greater than 50%.
   - The total cost of chasing a straight should not exceed 1/4 of your entire bankroll.

If you want to play it safe, don't force a straight. Even if you have a two-ended straight, don't follow. After all, there aren't many people who are lucky enough to win.

3. Be cautious when bluffing: Don't bluff if you can't see clearly. Also, don't use all your funds when bluffing; one or two times the initial bet is enough.
   - Sometimes, you may have a hand that looks very much like a straight. None of the hole cards are revealed, and the betting process is smooth, without any sudden, large raises. Additionally, you have a lot of chips left. Logically, you might think this hand is a straight. However, your opponent suddenly says, ""I'm all in."" Upon closer inspection, you realize your opponent has a flush. In this case, it's important to avoid bluffing too aggressively.

4. Don't fish: When your opponent has a straight, don't give them a chance. If you have a high pair, consider going all-in.
   - One time, I had two great hands in a row, both with three of a kind or two pairs. I played them slowly, and my opponent ended up looking like they had a straight. They went all-in first, and I hesitated to follow. After that, my mindset was thrown off, and I lost the game.

By following these four rules, you can become a more stable player in poker, allowing you to progress steadily."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 15:21:35 | Show all posts
It's a good idea to take a look at this principle as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 16:13:56 | Show all posts
Bluffing is indeed one of the common strategies.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 16:27:32 | Show all posts
Summarized by experts, so there's certainly no pressure.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list