Reply: 6

How to deal with such a colleague in the workplace

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 14:43:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
I don't know if everyone has encountered this kind of person at work, but it makes me very uncomfortable. It's not that she's very annoying, but her series of actions are really frustrating. And slowly, I feel that if I continue to work with such a person, it will make me very angry. So, what's the specific reason for this? It's that this colleague is very good at taking credit. When our leader assigns tasks for us to do, we work together to complete the tasks. However, when it comes time to submit the work to our higher-ups, she is always the first to step forward and say this and that, bragging as if all the credit belongs to her alone. This kind of behavior really drives me crazy. And the consequences are known to everyone. The leader praises and applauds this colleague, making it seem like the rest of us in the team didn't do anything. Now, the whole team has grievances against her. Of course, the people in the team won't say anything openly; they still smile and be polite, but privately, they have strong opinions about her. Just today in the morning, our leader assigned us to do a project audit. While we were working, she was nowhere to be found. But when the work was done, she suddenly appeared, took the work content, and went to report it to the leader. And once again, the leader praised her. It's making me feel really upset. What do you all think? How should we deal with such a colleague?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 14:50:21 | Show all posts
There are all sorts of people in this world.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 22:29:01 | Show all posts
Before, I used to dislike such people, but now I have a better mindset. Perhaps it's just their way of navigating life. As long as it doesn't affect me, I'm not so averse to it anymore.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-10-2023 22:45:50 | Show all posts
Colleagues are not friends, there's no need to care.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 07:01:19 | Show all posts
I don't like such colleagues either, but such people can be encountered not only in the workplace but even in college!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 07:22:22 | Show all posts
If I find that I cannot resolve my unhappiness at work, I might consider leaving on my own to search for a better company.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-10-2023 08:23:39 | Show all posts
Interacting with people is indeed a profound art.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list