Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

LeBron back in #23 for 21st season, praises Lakers, considers Olympics.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-10-2023 21:25:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
On October 3rd, the Lakers held their media day for the new season. The upcoming season will be LeBron James' 21st season in his career, and LeBron expressed his feelings about it. He talked about his efforts to recover from an Achilles injury during the offseason, his desire to participate in the 2024 Paris Olympics, and the latest updates on his son, Bronny's, health.

Discussing Personal Health:
LeBron revealed that most of his focus during the offseason was on recovering from his foot injury. He stated, 'My right Achilles tendon was almost completely torn, but my foot has been responding well in training, and it has returned to the condition it was in before the injury last season.'

Talking About His and the Lakers' Offseason Work:
LeBron praised the Lakers' management for their work during the summer, saying, 'My decision to continue playing is also due to the work done by Coach Ham and General Manager Pelinka. The signings we completed were motivating for me. I believe we have a great team, and they did a great job during the offseason. We re-signed some players with whom I have a strong friendship and chemistry, and we also brought in young players with strong athleticism and hunger. I'm excited about it.'

In addition, LeBron confirmed that he has been training with J.R. Smith, playfully saying, 'I call him Mr. Daniel, and I'm Mr. Miyagi.'

Discussing Retirement Plans and Reasons to Keep Playing:
After last season ended, there were reports suggesting that LeBron was considering retirement, but he ultimately chose to continue playing. LeBron said, 'I had discussions with my family and with myself. Once again, I found inspiration from my children. I accompanied Bronny to his AAU games and witnessed his continuous growth in his individual playing ability. I'm extremely proud of Bronny, and seeing him join the University of Southern California and witnessing his state before that event motivated me a lot.'

He continued, 'I also feel that there's still a lot of gas left in my tank. At the end of last season, I ran out of gas, and I was mentally exhausted. At that time, I had different thoughts, which led to my statements and comments because that's how I felt at that moment. But I'm happy to return for another season, and I hope to lead this team to achieve our goals.'

Discussing Playing in the 2024 Paris Olympics:
After the U.S. team's disappointing performance in the recent FIBA World Cup, there were reports that LeBron was gathering many star players to participate in the 2024 Olympics. LeBron confirmed this possibility, saying, 'I wasn't happy with our final result this summer, so let's wait and see. I'm excited about it. I'm definitely interested in competing in Paris. Of course, this season, I also have a lot to do with the Lakers. But I'm definitely interested in representing the U.S. men's basketball team in Paris. As you know, we have many outstanding players here in the USA.' He also confirmed that he has been in communication with other U.S. players.

Discussing Bronny's Heart Condition:
During the summer, LeBron's eldest son, Bronny, suffered a heart attack, casting a shadow over his NBA future. LeBron talked about the incident, saying, 'Nothing matters except my family. So, I want to dedicate this season to Bronny because of what happened this summer. It has given me this perspective that no matter what's happening in your life at the moment, the only thing that matters is your family. To see what he has gone through in the past few months, I can only imagine what it felt like for him because it affected me and my family a lot. But God has certainly given us strength and has given Bronny the power to recover. If he walked in through that door from the other side right now, you wouldn't even know he had been through that experience because he moves freely, full of life.'

He continued, 'His ability to be in the current situation is wonderful. I want to give the highest praise and respect to USC's training team and coaching staff. When that accident happened, they quickly handled the situation on-site without wasting any time, and they made amazing efforts to ensure that our son received excellent care. We are also grateful to the Cedar Sinai Medical Center, the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, and all the professionals involved in his recovery. They did an excellent job.'

When asked about Bronny's current status, LeBron said, 'Bronny is in very good condition. After a successful surgery, he has started his recovery process and is working to return to the court this season to join his teammates at the University of Southern California. He is improving, and our family went through many emotions this summer. But the best thing we can have is each other. We support each other and have given Bronny strength throughout this process. We are happy to see where he is now, and we look forward to his future.'

In front of the camera, LeBron displayed his number 23 jersey and said, 'I'm back here, just like I never left, back to where I belong!' The Lakers' official account also posted a photo of LeBron, writing, 'Season 21 in the #23!'

In the upcoming season, LeBron will not only aim for his 5th NBA championship but also chase records such as becoming the first player to score 40,000 points and accumulate various accolades like All-Star selections and All-NBA Team honors. What surprises can this soon-to-be 39-year-old veteran bring us? Let's stay tuned!"

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-10-2023 22:42:34 | Show all posts
James had a tough season last year, didn't he?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 8-10-2023 22:53:25 | Show all posts
I wonder if he's fully recovered now.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 8-10-2023 23:08:30 | Show all posts
He said, "My right Achilles tendon was almost completely torn, but my foot has been responding well in training, and my foot has returned to the condition it was in before the injury last season." The key point is "almost completely torn."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-10-2023 08:04:30 | Show all posts
Respect, let's hope he won't get injured again this season.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-10-2023 08:21:14 | Show all posts
Impressive, he recovered directly. To those who claimed he didn't have surgery, do they really need to tell you whether he did or not?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 9-10-2023 08:55:23 | Show all posts
Weren't they saying he should give up the number 23 to AD?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list