Experience often helps oneself in many situations, but sometimes, indeed

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-10-2023 20:24:19 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kapil334 at 23-12-2023 05:26 AM

Speaking of experience, I suddenly thought of a topic. We all know that experience plays a crucial role when making decisions at work. However, everything has two sides, and sometimes, experience can become a trap for us. This is known as the fallacy of empiricism. Some people may not be familiar with what this fallacy entails, so let me explain. It refers to an excessive reliance on personal experience and intuition while neglecting systematic analysis, scientific methods, or data support. This can lead to bias, erroneous judgments in decision-making and problem-solving, ultimately affecting the quality and effectiveness of our work.

In our daily work, we certainly rely on experience to deal with things. After all, from an efficiency perspective, experience can help us quickly solve most problems. Unlike scientific research, work emphasizes efficiency over absolute correctness. However, it is true that in certain situations, empiricism can lead us into difficulties.

For instance, in my recent experience, I took on a new project. Because I had achieved success in past projects, I relied too heavily on my prior experience and ignored the uniqueness and changes of the current project. I used methods similar to what I had used before, and as a result, the project encountered issues that required more effort to complete. I now deeply regret this and wanted to share this experience with everyone as a reminder not to overly rely on our own experiences.

In reality, we often encounter similar situations. For example, those who are set in their ways and resist change can easily fall into the trap of empiricism, preventing themselves from gaining a deeper understanding of the world. I find this quite unfortunate, so it's important to be vigilant at times.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 14-10-2023 21:13:03 | Show all posts
So, experience should also be used depending on the situation.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 14-10-2023 21:20:24 | Show all posts
People can't rely solely on conventional thinking; they need to be innovative as well.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 07:10:18 | Show all posts
As long as you believe in your experience and continuously summarize, experience is a valuable thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 07:52:00 | Show all posts
Having experience is also very important.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list