Reply: 4

Money's Influence on Human Connections Over Time

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 06:30:12 | Show all posts |Read mode
There are so many people getting married this year. There was news online that someone attended 23 weddings and went bankrupt directly.

For me, someone who has been living paycheck to paycheck for many years, I can really relate to this. Although I didn't attend as many weddings as that person, I did have two distant relatives who had weddings recently. It didn't cost me much, but during the wedding banquets, I suffered a significant financial hit.

Here's the story: I have a younger cousin who I used to play with when we were kids. He was a bit slow in his studies, and his mom used to bring him to my house to ask for help with his homework (back then, I was a top student, pardon me for the three seconds of pride). At that time, I was considered the one with a bright future, while my little cousin was the kind of student who was struggling. Now, twenty years have passed, and everything has changed. I turned into a regular office worker, earning an average salary just enough to support my family. Meanwhile, my little cousin has become a successful business owner with his own factory, a house, a car, and an income that surpasses mine by far.

Sitting together with friends and family, sharing a meal and chatting, the way everyone looks at my cousin, the warmth in their conversations, makes it clear that he's the center of attention today. It's worth noting that 20 years ago, all of this used to be mine. Of course, I admire his achievements, but I don't envy him, let alone hold any grudges. I've always been a laid-back person when it comes to fame and wealth. However, it's not just about me; I also have my family to think about. I come home, and people ask how he's doing, reminding me that he used to be my little follower, and now he's soaring high. And what about me?

Some say not to care about what others think and live the life you want. This is a good approach if you're living alone. But how many people can truly live their whole lives on their own? You still have to strive for success. It comes down to this: Money isn't everything, but without it, life can be incredibly challenging!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 07:54:27 | Show all posts
Who has the money has the say and holds authority.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 08:36:54 | Show all posts
Money is the key; without it, you'll be in a weak position.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-10-2023 09:04:08 | Show all posts
Society has always operated like this.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits