Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

When the once-mighty movie returns, the surroundings are no longer the same.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 11:42:46 | Show all posts |Read mode
As a gaming enthusiast, I came across news on a gaming website today that the "Avatar" game will be released in conjunction with the upcoming film "Avatar 2" at the end of this year. It instantly brought back memories of the hype surrounding the release of the first "Avatar" film in 2009. The impact of the first "Avatar" film in 2010 was something that no other film has managed to replicate for me. Whether it was the first commercial use of 3D cameras or the advanced motion capture and facial expression technology, it undeniably expanded my imagination of what CGI could achieve and set an absolute benchmark for future film production. Many subsequent films adopted the same technology used in "Avatar."

I personally tend to have a conservative attitude towards anything. Despite the first film being one of the most successful in cinematic history, "Avatar 2" has faced multiple delays and script revisions, which makes me cautious about whether this second installment can meet our expectations. In recent years, many highly-anticipated games have experienced multiple delays and revisions, but when they finally come out, the end product often falls short of expectations. It's a trend that's easy to identify – prolonged delays often indicate that something went wrong, and when the final product still fails to deliver, it's disappointing. Additionally, there's a rumor that the director, James Cameron, intends to recreate the groundbreaking 3D film experience of the first "Avatar" film. "Avatar 2" is said to be the first movie to utilize glasses-free 3D technology. However, it's just a rumor, and with less than half a year until the movie's release, it's highly unlikely that glasses-free 3D technology will be available. I took a quick look, and many cinemas already had 3D technology when the first film was released, so it's unlikely that glasses-free 3D will be practical from a commercial perspective.

Of course, I'm not worried about the final quality of the CGI. It will undoubtedly represent the cutting-edge technology of the industry, and the CGI scenes will undoubtedly be stunning. However, over the past decade, the film industry has evolved significantly. This isn't the same era where the most advanced CGI technology could win the hearts of the audience. Ordinary viewers are becoming increasingly accustomed to CGI visuals, so if "Avatar 2" relies solely on its visuals, how will it compete with others?

Times have changed so fast, just like the world of gaming. In an era of pandemic, everyone is struggling, and nobody is hoping for extravagant wealth. People are just looking for a small bit of luck to bring some consolation to their lives. I came across a saying that resonated with me: "People who are truly suffering find even a hint of sweetness enough to make their hearts happy." Whether it's a movie or any other work, I'm not setting overly high expectations. Many franchises have turned into "in my lifetime" series, and I hadn't even noticed it happening.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 12:09:35 | Show all posts
Things have changed, but it's all the same everywhere. I look at it calmly.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 12:48:05 | Show all posts
I haven't seen this movie.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 15:26:41 | Show all posts
I'm still looking forward to the game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 15:44:24 | Show all posts
I'm not interested in movies, not interested in games, I'm only interested in making money.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list