Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Is life truly better after getting rich overnight?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 11:53:11 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Some people say, ""To dispel worries, one needs to get rich overnight."" Do you all agree? In this generally impatient era, many people, especially young people, more or less have this kind of thinking. It's common to hear people around saying that their biggest dream now is to get rich overnight because life is too tiring, and getting rich can alleviate their worries. Money can indeed bring happiness, but once basic needs like food and clothing are met, the relationship between happiness and money becomes less significant. In the United States, lawyers are among the highest-paid professionals, yet they have one of the highest rates of depression. Hard to imagine, right?

Today, let's talk about the story of someone who got rich overnight and what changed after that. Li Xu experienced a windfall of wealth. Before this stroke of luck, Li Xu was an ordinary person, working diligently and leading a stable and uneventful life, including getting married and having children. Later, his family benefited from a property redevelopment project, which awarded him three houses and a significant amount of compensation. This overnight windfall made Li Xu a multimillionaire before he turned 30. He was suddenly in possession of a substantial sum of money and exclaimed, ""I can't spend all this money in a lifetime."" It was this sentiment that made Li Xu decide to quit his job, focus on investments, and aim to protect his wealth for life. He dabbled in many investments, although he had little knowledge about many of these projects or how they worked. He poured his money into various ventures.

As a result, his investments frequently failed. The money he once thought he couldn't spend in a lifetime dwindled in just a few years, and not only did he lose it, but he also accumulated a mountain of debt. Harassed by debt collection agencies, Li Xu had to sell his houses to cover the deficit. His wife, witnessing this, divorced him. Li Xu lost his entire fortune and went deep into debt. Before the overnight riches, Li Xu had a job, a wife, and a healthy body. But after getting rich overnight, apart from experiencing brief moments of monetary happiness, Li Xu was left with nothing. In fact, he owed hundreds of thousands of dollars. As the ancient Greek saying goes, ""Whom the gods would destroy, they first make mad."" Giving someone quick riches is a form of madness that can rapidly destroy a person. Having a windfall can feel exhilarating, turning one from rags to riches in an instant. When someone makes a quick fortune, they become ensnared by the tremendous temptation of easy money, as their minds are filled with thoughts of finding shortcuts.

Perhaps it's true that money is people's courage, but the wealth acquired overnight can also be the wicked hand that leads people to their destruction, especially for those with weak self-control. Money isn't easy to come by, and it isn't easy to manage."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 12:49:59 | Show all posts
During tough times of poverty, it's easier to find happiness.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-10-2023 20:54:29 | Show all posts
Some have the fortune to get rich, but lack the ability to hold onto their wealth.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-10-2023 10:13:34 | Show all posts
If it were me, I guarantee I wouldn't be so foolish. Even if I were to invest in several properties, I wouldn't incur such losses.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-10-2023 11:58:59 | Show all posts
Rich people who have experienced sudden wealth will undoubtedly say it's not good, mainly to avoid showing off, while those who haven't become suddenly rich will also say it's not good, often out of jealousy.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 24-10-2023 13:03:40 | Show all posts
I think it's better to become wealthy first and then consider one's future life.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list