Reply: 3

Chatting with the mechanic today, it got me thinking~

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 12:15:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
Today is a clear and sunny day, and I just realized that it's time to replace my snow tires. I asked about the price, $20 for one tire, $80 for all four tires. It struck me that changing one tire costs less than the next lottery ticket I buy. So, I chatted with the owner and said, ""You guys earn hard-earned money. Changing four tires with all that effort, taking about half an hour, and you make $80.""

But the owner said something that made me reflect. He said, ""While it's true we earn hard-earned money, we earn it with a sense of stability. Changing one car tire today brings us today's meal money."" This statement left me pondering. In reality, every gambler's betting amount is different. For instance, if you bet $100, you're uncertain, whereas the mechanic who only earns $80 from changing a tire feels certain. It's a kind of wisdom.

Gamblers come from all walks of life. There are those with regular jobs, full-time homemakers, men, women, adults, students. Some gamble for fun, some for survival, and some have even lost everything due to gambling. For some, gambling is their money tree. Regardless of who they are, at the moment of the draw, they can't know if they've won. Especially for those who rely on gambling for a living, their lives revolve around it from the moment they wake up to the moment they go to sleep. Their minds are restless, but what can they do? They lack other skills, so they must rely on the hope that gambling provides to keep going.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 12:57:23 | Show all posts
There is nothing easy in life.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 13:18:52 | Show all posts
Making money is certainly not an easy task.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
 Author| Post time 30-8-2023 13:54:42 | Show all posts
Having a job is fine, and gambling is just a hobby to add some variety to life. As for professional gambling, I think that's just being lazy. Can't handle hard work, and can't even handle light work?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list