Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 2

EPL Analysis: Liverpool Dominates, Wolves Struggle, City's Concerning Form.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 13:21:53 | Show all posts |Read mode
1.Liverpool vs Bournemouth
In this match, there aren't many aspects to analyze. Bournemouth isn't particularly strong, and Liverpool playing at home against weaker teams is almost a guaranteed win. Despite Liverpool's poor performance last season, their issues were mainly away from home. Anfield is a formidable stadium. This game marks Liverpool's first home match of the season, and they surely won't want to disappoint their fans. Therefore, a victory is almost certain; it's a matter of the winning margin. Liverpool's main concern is the lack of a defensive midfielder. They've recently signed the 30-year-old Japanese international Hidemasa Morita for that role. Personally, I'm optimistic about Morita. While not top-tier, he's capable enough, especially against a team like Bournemouth. The handicap is set at Liverpool -2, which is reasonable given their strong home form. A two-goal margin is not a big issue, and I'd speculate a final score of 3-0.

2.Wolverhampton vs Brighton
After watching Wolverhampton play against Manchester United, I noticed they still suffer from their old problem from last season: solid buildup but lacking the final touch. In their previous match against Manchester United, they had 27 shots on goal but failed to score. Wolverhampton's setup is good, but they struggle to convert their chances, which was a reason they almost got relegated last season. Brighton, on the other hand, performed well against Luton Town. Despite losing several key players, their team system remains intact, and their new coach, Xeka, is skilled. The bookies offering a 0.5-goal handicap for Brighton indicates most people believe in their abilities. I predict Brighton can win by a goal, and that should be enough. I'd speculate a final score of 2-1 in favor of Brighton. Furthermore, I'm looking forward to seeing how Brighton performs this season, especially with their star players having left the team.

3.Manchester City vs Newcastle
This match is undoubtedly the highlight of the day. I still remember last season when Newcastle, as a newly acquired team, drew 3-3 with Manchester City after leading 3-0 at one point. It was a thrilling game that showcased Newcastle's potential after their acquisition. In the new season, Manchester City has suffered significant losses, with many key players leaving, and injuries to important players like De Bruyne and Stones. Their recent signings haven't been able to replace those who left, and their current form doesn't match Newcastle's. Additionally, without De Bruyne, Erling Haaland's efficiency in scoring has decreased. Newcastle, on the other hand, is coming off a 5-1 victory over Aston Villa and is in good shape. Given that the bookmakers still offer a 0.75-goal handicap for Manchester City, I think Newcastle has a strong chance of securing at least a draw, if not a better result. Betting on Newcastle seems like a wise decision. I'd speculate a final score of 2-2, resulting in a draw.

*The final predictions for the first two matches were essentially correct, in terms of the teams' victories. Only the last one, Manchester City vs. Newcastle, ended 1-0 full time.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 30-8-2023 14:32:05 | Show all posts
Manchester City is still strong, indeed.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

registered member

Credits
Post time 31-8-2023 11:15:44 | Show all posts
Analyzing things more thoroughly can definitely be beneficial.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list