Reply: 4

Losing isn't the worst; the worst is not knowing how to improve

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 31-10-2023 14:37:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
Hello everyone, I'd like to share a topic with you today. I'm a Manchester United fan, and if you've been following the Premier League, you'll know about the Manchester Derby. But let me be honest, it's no longer the clash of titans it used to be; it's become more like a king playing against an underdog, and unfortunately, Manchester United is that underdog.

In the past, these matches were like fireworks, filled with memorable moments, but over the years, Manchester United has declined. While there are still occasional controversies, the overall excitement has waned. Even as rivals, I must admit that Manchester City has been the superior Manchester team for the last decade. In yesterday's game, despite my reservations about the first penalty, the truth is that Manchester United didn't perform as well as Manchester City, and the loss was well-deserved.

So here's the problem: When a team loses, the usual solutions are to strengthen the squad or change the coach. But in our case, it's not that simple. We've spent a fortune on players in the last decade, but many of them have been disappointing. Our team has become a black hole for talent, and we're unsure about who to sign next.

Changing coaches hasn't worked either. We've gone from promising coaches to big names, to club legends, and none of them have brought success. Now with Ralf Rangnick, it's hard to see any improvement despite significant investments in the squad. I'd love to say we should change the coach, but who would be the right choice? I'm genuinely confused.

As a fan, I'm disheartened. Why has a club as commercially successful as Manchester United fallen to its current state? I hope that once our injured defenders return, we can start improving this season. Qualifying for the Champions League might be a distant dream, so now we should aim for European competition qualification and perhaps winning a cup.

Right now, we're tied to Rangnick, and perhaps past coaching changes didn't yield significant results, leading to this hesitancy to change. Most of our current players are his acquisitions, and replacing him would mean most of the squad wouldn't start. So, I can only pray that Manchester United will show improvement under Rangnick in the upcoming fixtures.

Honestly, I have no expectations anymore. Winning a game brings happiness, but no expectations mean no disappointments. It's not a bad place to be; after all, the ultimate goal of watching football is to enjoy the game.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 06:59:14 | Show all posts
To be honest, at the current stage, if Manchester United continues with its existing operational structure, from management to coaching staff to players, without attempting changes, it's highly unlikely they'll be able to compete with Manchester City in the next decade. It's not even a fair matchup. Manchester United is currently in a weakened state, and Manchester City is incredibly strong. Just look at how easily they defeated Manchester United 3-0. That's the power of Pep Guardiola and the strength of Manchester City.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 09:26:51 | Show all posts
There seems to be little hope for Manchester United. The ownership is chaotic, the management is chaotic, the coaching is chaotic, and the players are also chaotic. It's all in complete disarray. Unless Sir Alex Ferguson becomes 30 years younger.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 10:11:52 | Show all posts
Manchester United is still up to their old tricks. They change the coach, have a good season, and then the next season, it's not working out.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 1-11-2023 10:43:41 | Show all posts
The title is spot on. Losing isn't the scary part; what's truly frightening is not knowing how to take the next step.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list