Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

My ex-girlfriend came to borrow money from me, husband has become a compulsi...

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-11-2023 21:48:45 | Show all posts |Read mode
"Early in the morning, I just woke up and checked my phone. I saw a message from my ex-girlfriend, whom I hadn't been in contact with for a long time. How long? I thought about it, and it's been about 10 years since we separated. After our breakup, she had blocked me. I'm still not clear on what led to our separation. My friend told me that she left me because she met a man who was better and wealthier than me. Not long after, I heard that she got married, and indeed, her husband is wealthier than me. Her husband's family owns a factory, and he isn't more handsome than me.

I'll call my ex-girlfriend 'Meimei' here. Today, Meimei messaged me, saying she had no other choice but to seek my help. It turns out her husband has accumulated a lot of debt. He asked if I could help. After Meimei's father-in-law passed away, her husband didn't manage the family's business properly. The tragedy is that her husband has made some gambling friends this year. You can probably guess the outcome. Meimei has two children, aged 5 and 6, and they often face harassment. Meimei doesn't want to let her husband's troubles affect her and the children, so she reached out to me boldly for help.

There's an old saying in China, 'Husband and wife are originally birds of the same forest, but when disaster comes, each one flies their own way.' I strongly support Meimei's decision. She isn't being selfish but thinking long-term. Debt from a compulsive gambler is never-ending, and even if Meimei helps pay off the debts, her husband might not change. If a wealthy second-generation heir can't even manage the family's wealth, should he make his wife and children live in constant fear? I know that lending this money may not be repaid, but as a friend, I don't want to see a woman with two children knocking on doors for help.

In our lifetime, we may meet nearly 80,000 people, become friends with about 150, but in the end, the number of people we deeply interact with and maintain contact with is no more than 5. We understand after we pass the midpoint of life, that any comfortable and long-lasting relationship requires joint effort from both parties. Friends are indeed important in life. The highest form of interaction between people is to be an upright person, to give and support each other. In the years to come, may you be an upright person and encounter friends of integrity, and may you be blessed. Lastly, a piece of advice: Gambling can ruin everything; treating it with kindness can teach us many things."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-11-2023 21:57:29 | Show all posts
This can only express sympathy; there's no way to help.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 3-11-2023 22:08:13 | Show all posts
My ex-girlfriend came to borrow money from me,  husband has become a compulsive gambler!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-11-2023 07:11:22 | Show all posts
Why bother with such a woman?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-11-2023 07:38:48 | Show all posts
Would you still keep in touch with an ex-girlfriend?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 4-11-2023 07:41:54 | Show all posts
If helping her makes you happy, then go ahead and help.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list