Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

Cracking the lottery through mathematics?! I don't believe it!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-11-2023 20:52:22 | Show all posts |Read mode
"I've read many articles before about how gambling experts have top-notch mathematical skills! Today, I want to share a story about a couple in the United States who cracked the lottery using mathematics! In the past 10 years, they made a whopping $26 million! Wow~ It's strange that even with a government investigation, no issues were found. Starting today, I'm determined to brush up on my own math skills!

Reportedly, the 80-year-old Selbee couple graduated from the Mathematics Department of Western Michigan University. In 2003, they discovered a lottery called Winfall that could be cracked using basic mathematics. The report indicates that Winfall has rolling rules: when the jackpot accumulates to a certain amount, the funds are distributed to prizes below the first prize. If all six numbers win, you can get the first prize of $5 million. If no one wins in the current draw, the prize money is distributed to those with 3 to 5 correct numbers, increasing the smaller prizes. Selbee revealed that the long-term probability of winning for all numbers would become similar, and previously unpopular numbers would increase in the future. To test their theory, he initially spent $3,600 on lottery tickets, and after the draw, he won $6,300, almost twice the investment cost. After that, he spent $8,000 on lottery tickets and won double the prize money.

Since then, Selbee not only studies the lottery every day but also invited relatives and friends to establish a company dedicated to studying lotteries. Although they later stopped selling Winfall due to fewer buyers, they turned to another similar lottery called Cash WinFall, spending 10 hours a day swapping prizes and earning $26 million. When local authorities discovered this situation and were concerned that the lottery was being manipulated, they conducted an investigation after closing the winning. However, due to the absence of illegal practices and the probability of winning being unaffected by large bets, the Selbee couple was recognized as legally profiting."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-11-2023 23:14:39 | Show all posts
Mathematical methods can only increase the probability of winning; they do not guarantee a definite win.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 05:17:56 | Show all posts
To be honest, I don't believe it either. I've always thought that the winners are usually insiders.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 06:12:16 | Show all posts
Those who can achieve such feats are geniuses, and genius cannot be replicated.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 18-11-2023 06:20:04 | Show all posts
I believe there are people who use mathematics to crack the jackpot in lotteries.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list