on strong champions in T1's bot lane.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 12:52:17 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Shri at 22-12-2023 01:07 PM

Ruler: It's too late to realize that we actually didn't need to put too much pressure on strong champions in T1's bot lane.

November 14th News: Korean media TBS News released a video interview with JDG.Ruler after the match. The original video content is as follows:

Q: You just finished the game against T1. Looking at it from the perspective of JDG, this is a very regrettable result. How do you feel now?

Ruler: I think T1 played to their strengths in this game, and overall, we didn't perform well against them, which led to our loss. It's just very regrettable.

Q: Your opponent was T1, and this match was also considered the de facto final. You should have made sufficient preparations. Facing T1, what tactics did you prepare?

Ruler: T1 is very good with strong champions in the bot lane, so we made a lot of efforts to counter that. But we realized it too late, ""we actually didn't need to put too much pressure on this."" That's the regrettable part.

Q: In the first game, JDG chose the red side, and in the first game, T1 chose Jhin-Bard. Facing this lineup, JDG chose Xayah and Alistar. Were these picks prepared?

Ruler: Xayah has always been prepared, but in terms of the result, it turned out to be a not-so-good champion in that situation. We played poorly in that scenario, and that's regrettable.

Q: In the second game, you chose to confront directly. Ruler performed exceptionally well with Kai'Sa. What aspects did you focus on in this game?

Ruler: The opponents like to pick champions with lane dominance, so I thought a lot about it. During the match, I felt, ""No matter what champions we (bot lane) choose, we can easily win the laning phase.""

Q: Did you gain a lot of confidence from the second game?

Ruler: Yes, after the second game.

Q: The third and fourth games must be regrettable. In the third game, JDG took the lead and lost the game at the moment they wanted to widen the gap due to Faker's opportunity. The fourth game also became the last game of this series.

Ruler: After winning the second game, I thought, ""No matter what bot lane combination we play, generally, we can easily win the lane phase."" Even if I choose a disadvantaged champion, it should still be possible. Although I thought so, in the end, we still chose champions strong in the lane, and that's a bit regrettable. In the third and fourth games, it felt like the opponents played exceptionally well, and that's why we were overturned.

Q: How do you evaluate T1's performance?

Ruler: In the third and fourth games, T1 was actually at a significant disadvantage, but they still took the initiative to find opportunities. It felt like they knew very well what to do to win the game.

Q: Besides that, which drafts do you think had a significant impact on the game? Or which drafts left a deep impression on you?

Ruler: First of all, Keria's Bard was crucial in today's series. His Bard roamed everywhere, and our support had to stay with me, but Bard kept roaming, so the AD constantly had an experience disadvantage. There was always a developmental gap between our bot lane and the opponents, which is quite regrettable. Keria's Bard ultimate was released very well, and he did a lot of annoying things in the game, so it was challenging to play.

Q: There are many players on T1 who participated in the Asian Games with you not long ago. Although you also have a lot of experience facing former teammates, this time feels a bit different.

Ruler: Because I am now playing in the LPL, it does feel different from when I was still in the LCK. It's not just because the opponents are my Asian Games teammates. If I had played in the LCK for a while, then went to the LPL and played in such a match, I wouldn't have felt too much. But I played in the LCK for a long time, then participated in the Asian Games with them, and the emotions are indeed different after losing the game.

Q: You have played games in the LCK for a long time and participated in the Asian Games with T1 players. You should have a deep understanding of T1's strengths and weaknesses. Did you leverage that experience in today's game?

Ruler: I have always felt that Faker is very good at initiating team fights. I was very cautious about this aspect, but in the end, I was pushed back by Faker's Azir, which is very regrettable. I had been thinking about this in my mind, and I retreated as quickly as possible according to my thoughts and even considered flashing, but it turned out like that in the end. I think Faker played exceptionally well.

I believe the main reason for the failure of that team fight is the consistency of the opponent's perspective, while what we saw was different.

Q: Speaking of the Asian Games, I remember that you had training in the Splex Center on Shangyan Road before. There is an Esports Hall of Fame in that building, and you entrusted your Jakarta Asian Games silver medal to be displayed there. Will you also entrust the gold medal from this Hangzhou Asian Games?

Ruler: It's difficult to entrust the gold medal there, haha.

Q: In today's game, were there any impressive plays for yourself?

Ruler: In the third game, I wanted to attempt a solo kill on the opponent's Kai'Sa, but that play went wrong, which is regrettable. I initially thought I could definitely solo kill the opponent, but unfortunately, I couldn't, which is very regrettable.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 12:59:19 | Show all posts
Honestly, WBG can consider this information.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 13:02:15 | Show all posts
The real core of T1 is indeed the jungle.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 22-11-2023 13:07:10 | Show all posts
Ruler has already mentioned the solution; don't get completely obsessed with the bot lane priority.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-11-2023 07:46:23 | Show all posts
In the finals, just let go of the bot lane, everyone throw some monsters together, and that's it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-11-2023 08:04:18 | Show all posts
The interview is well-spoken; good luck next year.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 23-11-2023 08:09:52 | Show all posts
DRX won like this last year, every game the bot lane got exploded.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list