Reply: 4

"Chicken Stealing Techniques in Omaha Poker"

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-11-2023 21:27:15 | Show all posts |Read mode
"""The emergence of more Omaha high-level players has added excitement to the game. Where do the skills of Omaha high-level players manifest?

Chicken stealing is crucial. It's essential to steal without leaving a trace, making it seamless. A high-level player will definitely steal, but it's challenging for you to perceive. Even if you catch them a few times, they won't feel at a loss because it creates an impression of them being aggressive, making it more likely for you to call when they bluff with a strong hand in the next round.

In the chief gunslinger's masterpiece on Omaha, ""Calculation of the Utility Value of Chicken Stealing and Chicken Catching,"" there is a perspective: stealing chickens appropriately is profitable, and similarly, catching chickens is also profitable. Stealing is profitable, catching is profitable; who knows who will lose? It's probably those honest folks who neither steal nor catch. Everywhere, honest people tend to lose, and this has probably become a truth.

I agree with the chief gunslinger's viewpoint. However, this requires a certain skill level as a foundation. Randomly stealing and catching without judgment will lead to significant losses.

In a recent game in the East China Sea, during the fourth card, I had 98JA, with a black spade A, while my opponent had *9AJ, and there was a four-thousand bet on the table. I raised three thousand, and my opponent re-raised ten thousand. Judging from his gameplay, I inferred he also had a scattered hand. His significant re-raise was meant to create an illusion of having a pair. After careful consideration, I called. He got a J, and I got an 8. He called, and I re-raised by two thousand. Since I had shown stability earlier, he folded. With a pair of 8s, I successfully stole his pair of Js.

In another hand, he re-raised during the fourth card, attempting to steal. During the fifth card, I re-raised, attempting to counter-steal. It was a back-and-forth stealing match, and the successful chicken heist made me smile.

Recently, during my time in the East China Sea, I have marveled at the arrival of a new era in Omaha. It's an era of chicken stealing, with diverse and creative ways to steal chickens. The more improbable the cards to steal, the braver players are in opening, perhaps catching a chicken again.

Certainly, in this era where ""ten out of ten Omaha players steal, and one is a robber"" during the gold rush, if you stick to the traditional approach of waiting for the rabbit, you'll feel frustrated and gradually be eroded.

For an Omaha high-level player, they render your good hand entirely useless. While your luck might have been slightly better, their wisdom and courage are slightly higher."""

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-11-2023 21:32:35 | Show all posts
"Your tactics can indeed lead to profitable wins. That's impressive!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 25-11-2023 21:45:50 | Show all posts
"Hope this friend can consistently maintain such effective tactics and achieve positive results!"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-11-2023 06:53:27 | Show all posts
"The tactics of the original poster should continue to be applied with a bit of moderation for sustained success."

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 26-11-2023 06:59:36 | Show all posts
"No one can match the effectiveness of the tactics demonstrated by the original poster."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list