Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 5

Tired, feels like no more love. Let this Manchester United self-destruct.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 11:50:01 | Show all posts |Read mode
Today, let's talk briefly about my psychological journey of watching football recently. To be honest, watching football during this period has put me in a state of mental conflict. On one hand, I try not to feel too sad about Manchester United's poor performance and results. On the other hand, the disappointment from Manchester United is something I try to alleviate by watching other matches.

Unfortunately, no matter how hard I try, the sadness persists, mainly because there are just too many problems with Manchester United. I still remember the optimism at the end of last season when newly appointed manager Ten Hag brought hope, showcasing his coaching abilities and leading us to our first trophy in years. I thought, with Ten Hag achieving such results in the previous season despite an incomplete squad, the addition of more players in the summer would surely elevate the team even further. Is Ten Hag the right person for Manchester United?

My expectations were not baseless; I recall the official Manchester United account posting, "The era of Ten Hag is coming," after winning the league cup. I believed this sentiment was shared by the majority of Manchester United fans. However, this hope was quickly shattered. This season, Manchester United has not only failed to progress but has regressed in both performance and dressing room atmosphere. The players brought in are mostly underwhelming, with notable struggles from Anthony, Casemiro facing serious injuries, and the new striker Haaland being a work in progress. Even with a 55 million pound signing like Van de Beek, there's been no significant impact.

Moreover, the dressing room has exploded, making me deeply concerned. Last season's star performer Rashford has been lackluster, with only two goals so far compared to the 30 he scored last season. What's truly disheartening is the on-field altercation between striker Martial and the coach, a situation that reflects internal problems within the team. While some players like Bruno Fernandes and Maguire have performed reasonably well, the overall situation remains disappointing. Honestly, I don't know how to evaluate Manchester United anymore.

For fans who have been following Manchester United for a long time, this scenario is not unfamiliar. Manchester United has been stuck in a cycle: poor performance, sacking the manager, a brief spark of hope with a new coach, followed by investing to achieve results, some players playing poorly or creating issues, leading to the coach being let go. Then, a new coach comes in, sparks hope again, and the cycle repeats. Since the retirement of Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United has never completed a proper rebuild. Every two years, there's a cycle of tearing down and rebuilding, and as a fan, it's truly exhausting.

I don't know what internal issues Manchester United is facing that have led to this unbreakable cycle. Is it the players, the management, or problems throughout the entire club? I genuinely don't know. The new owner of Manchester United is coming, claiming to replace the old owner and take control of football-related operations. This time, I have no expectations. Without expectations, there is no disappointment. After all, who knows if the new owner will bring real change or just another false hope.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 12:51:05 | Show all posts
I feel your emotions are like the stock market. When you completely lose confidence, it might be hitting rock bottom.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 13:01:17 | Show all posts
Newcastle is a strong team too, so it's reasonable for Manchester United to lose away.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 21:46:48 | Show all posts
Hahaha, this could be the voice of a Manchester United fan. United fans probably go through the cycle of saying 'I won't watch United anymore,' then end up sitting and watching every match. After watching, they get frustrated, say they won't watch again... and the cycle continues...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 08:25:14 | Show all posts
When is Manchester United going to change the coach, after all...

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 09:01:07 | Show all posts
Manchester United only relies on past glory; by the time 10 years pass, probably no one will even know about Manchester United.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list