Reply: 4

My optimistic take on India's stronger team for South Africa series

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 13:07:54 | Show all posts |Read mode
I believe India has a better chance to win the series in South Africa this time compared to the last. I think the current Indian team is stronger (excluding Pant, which makes the batting a bit risky).

The opening combination of Rohit - Jaiswal is better than Rahul and Agarwal, as despite Rahul scoring well, Agarwal did not. Gill replacing Pujara and Iyer replacing Rahane is an upgrade since they couldn't score runs. The inclusion of Kishan / Rahul for Pant is a significant downgrade, but that cannot be helped. In these conditions, Jadeja is much better with the bat than Ashwin. Also, considering Kohli's overall form is better than in that series, India might just have a better team this time.

Go Team India

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 13:35:15 | Show all posts
I hope for a 2-0 series victory for India against South Africa in the Tests!!!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 7-12-2023 14:45:58 | Show all posts
I'm also quite optimistic about the Indian team's lineup this time. Hopefully, they won't disappoint us. Go India

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 08:25:57 | Show all posts
As always with Test matches, I believe the first thing to consider is the team's fast bowling. Considering Shami's ankle injury and potential uncertainty, I think the fast bowling lineup of Jadeja/Shardul/Bumrah/Siraj/Prasidh is almost certain. Given Siraj also faced injury issues last time, this lineup looks stronger compared to the previous match.

But being more cautious, I think the score could be 1-1 because South Africa still has an elite bowling attack for these conditions. It's really hard to say

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Intermediate member

Credits
Post time 8-12-2023 09:31:33 | Show all posts
I think a 2-0 victory for India is a very likely outcome

After all, South Africa's batting and fast bowling have been on a continuous decline over the past two years since the last series.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list