Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

The miracle that makes football the world's top sport, essential in our lives.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 12:55:58 | Show all posts |Read mode
Yesterday, unsurprisingly, Manchester United lost to Bayern again at their home ground. Not only are they out of the Champions League this season, but they also don't qualify for the Europa League. Even securing a top-four spot in the league for next season's Champions League seems less likely. Honestly, I'm not feeling great, but with nowhere to vent, I decided to write an article to express my feelings.

Upon reflection, Copenhagen's Cinderella story is truly romantic. However, my perspective has always been focused on Manchester United, and losing to Copenhagen feels like a shameful defeat. Subconsciously, I do look down on this Danish team. But looking from a different angle, a small country with only 5.8 million people producing a team that can compete in the world's top championship is undoubtedly an enormous honor. From a football perspective, it's a good thing.

Football has never lacked fairy tales, like Wales miraculously reaching the semi-finals of the 2016 European Championship (considering their population is just over 3 million), or Porto's surprising Champions League victory, or Leicester City's miraculous Premier League title in 2016. Even this year, the small-town team Luton's promotion to the Premier League is a remarkable feat. These miracles are what football enthusiasts like me want to see.

I've always believed that the reason football surpasses other sports worldwide is because of these miracles. In basketball, you'll never see a modest team like Luton making it to the top league because the NBA doesn't have a promotion and relegation system. Football's influence permeates to the grassroots level, providing an equal platform for everyone to compete, regardless of wealth or class. While big teams have more capital to operate, as long as the promotion and relegation system exists, miracles like Luton, Copenhagen, or Wales will always have a chance to happen.

This is why, despite Major League Soccer being profitable, few top players are willing to play there. MLS lacks a promotion and relegation system, making the league unrecognized by FIFA, and the goals and assists scored there don't count in official statistics. Football needs miracles, and the world needs them too because people enjoy seeing stories where ordinary individuals have a chance to slay the dragon. The world is tough, and when we see real-life miracles, it inspires us to keep going because maybe the next miracle will happen to us.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 13:03:37 | Show all posts
Manchester United's hard-fought battle ended in disappointment, indeed disheartening. However, the charm of football lies in miracles, and Copenhagen's advancement is one of them. Let's look forward to more wonderful moments in the game.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 13:20:05 | Show all posts
In the past, Iceland also created miracles, which left a profound impression on me.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 15-12-2023 22:02:13 | Show all posts
Manchester United's loss hurts, but football's miracles, like Copenhagen's, keep the spirit alive.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list