Viper: I would rate my performance this year a 5 out of 10

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:34:03 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Kabir903 at 22-12-2023 09:36 PM

December 12th News: Korean media kukinews released a video interview with HLE.Viper. The translation of the first part of the original video is as follows:

Q: How did you spend your holidays? How did you spend the break?

Viper: After the end of this season, I went home and took a good rest. I really rested for a long time, had a good sleep, and didn't do anything special besides that.

Q: I heard that recently you went on a team building trip to Snowy Mountain with your new teammates. Were there any interesting incidents during the team building? I think this should be a good opportunity for you to get closer to your new teammates. How do you feel?

Viper: There isn't anything particularly noteworthy in terms of interesting stories, but doing the same thing together was meaningful. The moment of reaching the summit of Snowy Mountain was the most memorable.

Q: Wasn't it tiring?

Viper: We took a cable car up, so it wasn't too tiring.

Q: Now let's talk about the content of the 2023 season. In the interview at the beginning of the year during the break, you mentioned that the goal of returning to LCK was to win the championship, but unfortunately, you did not achieve that goal. Looking back on the 2023 season, how do you feel? What is the most memorable moment?

Viper: Looking back on this year, I feel regretful. Because the final results were not what we expected and what the fans were looking forward to. There were many regrets in terms of performance.

Q: For the players and fans, HLE in 2023 seems to have a feeling of "giving hope but ultimately shattering hope"? You won the first round of the playoffs, but couldn't win the second round and the final. Moreover, you unfortunately did not qualify for the global finals in the Play-In stage, and this process repeated several times. I think you should have felt a lot of pressure from such repeated results. How do you feel?

Viper: LCK is one of the highest-level and best leagues, and most of the games are not easy. The moments of regretful defeat always linger, which is unfortunate. I did not fear the repeated process; it's just that we did not achieve the expected results, so I feel regretful.

Q: Everyone says that what happens to a person is unpredictable, and HLE has experienced uncontrollable situations. Then Grizzly player was promoted to the main team in such a situation. As the central figure of the team, I think you must have played an important role in the process of the team reuniting. In the sudden occurrence of such a situation, how did you work to reunite the team?

Viper: Actually, it happened very suddenly at that time, and we had to focus on the upcoming games, so we concentrated on that. Because we were in a difficult situation, we tried to create an atmosphere of "let's all work hard together."

Q: You regretfully lost the Play-In stage and failed to reach the global finals. In the losers' interview, you mentioned that the players did not have a responsible attitude. This statement left a deep impression on me and made me think deeply. Does this refer to decisions made in-game? Did your teammates say such things during the matches? Or does it also include external factors?

Viper: That statement refers to in-game situations. I know it's hard to overcome such situations when pushed to the cliff edge. Our training for such situations was also insufficient, and the opponents were more courageous and decisive than us, which led to our defeat. I said that in the interview at that time.

Q: Although there are positions more suitable for shot-calling, you certainly also have responsibilities in this regard. Why couldn't you take on that responsibility? Is it because of the limitations of the AD position?

Viper: I don't think what happened in the game can be attributed to any individual's fault. It was a problem that the entire team, including all five players, needed to solve in advance, but we failed to do so, leading to the defeat. I also feel my responsibility; we lacked the strength to make decisions without being influenced by the atmosphere.

Q: Looking back on 2023, what was the most memorable moment? Whether it's a beautiful memory or a regrettable moment, when you look back on the 2023 season, what was the most memorable moment?

Viper: There are many memorable moments, but the most regrettable game was the Spring Split playoff against KT. I was really regretful at that time. If we had won against KT and advanced, the results might have been different. I think we had a chance to win that game, so I feel regretful.

Q: Do you remember the turning point in that game?

Viper: There were many moments like that in every game, and it's hard to pick one because our team's overall performance was inferior to the opponent. We were a step behind at the crucial moments that became turning points. The opponent played the game with a clear plan, and it felt like we were overall inferior to the opponent, leading to the strength of the game.

Q: You returned to LCK to play in the 2023 season, and it should be a very regrettable year. So, what was your biggest takeaway this year? What did you learn?

Viper: I think I can play better, not just in terms of team performance; I'm not satisfied with my personal performance either. Based on this year, in the coming years and throughout my future career, I think I can play better.

Q: If this year's score is out of 10, what score would you give yourself? Why?

Viper: I would give myself a 5. That's just how I feel; I think I played quite average.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:39:30 | Show all posts
Next year, it's time to charge ahead, Viper3.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:41:34 | Show all posts
This year's performance is about the same as Gala8's.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:43:51 | Show all posts
The lineup for next year's World Championship is solid.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:44:53 | Show all posts
In the summer split, I was possessed by Huanfeng.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 17-12-2023 20:45:55 | Show all posts
Best of luck next year!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits