Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 6

Dream Wedding: Guests Forced to Pay $10K, Ends with Ex as Groom!

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-9-2023 16:43:35 | Show all posts |Read mode
"In a world full of surprises, have any of you attended such a wedding? The bride, named Susan, initially posted an apology on Facebook for canceling her wedding. But instead of stopping there, she emotionally attacked her friends, blaming them for ruining her dream wedding. Susan shared her love story, where she met her soulmate at 14, got engaged at 18, and had their first child at 20.

Now, Susan felt it was the perfect time for her dream wedding, one that even ""Kim Kardashian would envy."" Over the years, the couple had saved $15,000 for it, but it wasn't nearly enough for the extravagant wedding they envisioned, which required at least $60,000. So, what to do when they fell short? The dream wedding couldn't just slip away, right?

Susan mentioned that they had to seek help from family and friends and even ""sacrificed a lot."" Eventually, the groom's family agreed to contribute $3,000, still far from what they needed. Susan resorted to posting on Facebook, informing each attending guest that they would be required to pay $1,500. Did I hear that correctly? Such a move?

Susan made it clear that friends who couldn't donate wouldn't be invited to their ""exclusive wedding,"" emphasizing it as a once-in-a-lifetime event. After this announcement, only eight guests were willing to attend, which infuriated Susan. To make things worse, the groom's family withdrew their financial support proposal. In this situation, Susan had to postpone the wedding and started a fundraising campaign on GoFundMe. Unfortunately, she only managed to raise $250.

What made Susan even more devastated was her soulmate's suggestion to have a ""cheap, tacky, and dirty"" wedding ceremony in Las Vegas. Susan couldn't accept this proposal, leading to her turning her soulmate into her ex-husband. She lamented, ""I just wanted to be a Kardashian for a day and then live like a normal person.""

But wait, there's more. Susan eventually realized that her only option was to escape it all and embark on a two-month backpacking trip in South America to get away from the ""toxic energy."" Susan said, ""I'm escaping this awful society. How hard is it to donate to a friend? Friendly reminder, don't think you own me. I'm cutting off you demons and living my own life.""

I believe she was the one radiating toxic energy, and her ex-husband might have lucked out. Want to fulfill your dreams? Work hard to earn them back. Forcing others to pay for your dreams seems quite domineering, especially considering how fragile marital relationships can be. A waste! What do you all think about this story?"

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 5-9-2023 21:29:35 | Show all posts
Truly, the world is full of wonders and surprises.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 5-9-2023 23:26:55 | Show all posts
This woman is really something else; if the wedding didn't happen, it's her own fault!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 00:43:25 | Show all posts
The thought process is just so peculiar, like, is there something missing? It's definitely not like what most people have. So, having a functioning brain is a good thing, but sadly, not everyone possesses it.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 04:08:46 | Show all posts
It seems like she overestimated herself; she probably has some mental issues.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 07:41:09 | Show all posts
Running short on cash is one thing, but it seems like she's treating her relatives as cash cows. Those 8 attendees were probably just the parents of the bride and groom and the officiant.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 09:04:28 | Show all posts
"Susan's ""paying guests"" strategy certainly flips the script on traditional wedding customs. If we go by the guest payment model, wedding attendees should be up for even more fantastic challenges, like ""dance to experience 10,000 emotions"" or ""try to catch the bouquet and steal the ring"" game levels. Perhaps, the next time someone sends an invitation, we should all check if it comes with a ""payment method"" attached.

The final decision to embark on a backpacking trip in South America is truly unexpected. Susan is set to chase her happiness in the mysterious lands of South America, where she might discover a tree that grows gold coins or perhaps an even more magical ""Dream Wedding Mirror."" After all, the story has just begun, and who knows what new adventures she'll encounter in South America? In the next chapter, she might transform into a treasure-seeking explorer, using her ""toxic energy"" to embark on even more bizarre journeys."

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list