Reply: 3

When I was a child, I always wondered what kind of person he was

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 12-1-2024 12:24:27 | Show all posts |Read mode
When I was a child, there was a mysterious person around, the kind who worked all day, never went home, never got married, and certainly didn't have any children. No one knew exactly what he was doing outside, but it was said that he earned quite a bit of money. Still, people found it a bit perplexing.

Who would have thought that in the blink of an eye, I would become that person. Life is indeed full of irony. When I was young, I always looked down upon such individuals, thinking they were not doing proper jobs, but now I've become one of them. Perhaps, fate enjoys playing tricks on people.

In my childhood, I would see the mysterious person's house empty, as if abandoned. The air in the house, without its owner, made it seem like a deserted place. Whenever we asked the adults in the village about him, they would always speak mysteriously, asserting, "He's got something big going on outside; he's not an ordinary person."

Now, I have that "something big," but I understand that the outside world is not as beautiful as one might imagine. The hardships of working, the lonely days – they have given me a deeper understanding of the choices made by that mysterious person back then. Perhaps, he wasn't unwilling to go home but had found a world outside, a different way of life.

In my youth, I found the mysterious person strange, but now I am beginning to understand his feelings. Perhaps, in the journey of life, everyone has their chosen path, and not everyone has to live according to traditional norms. Maybe, some people are willing to chase broader dreams and let go of some traditional constraints.

When I see that house, I realize it's not as desolate as I imagined. It's just waiting patiently for its owner to return, and I have become the one constantly adventuring outside. Perhaps, there isn't much difference between me and that mysterious person; we are just standing at different points in time.

Life is always full of transitions and reversals. Childhood perceptions often differ from the choices made in reality. Maybe, we all need to go through some stages, experience different lives, and find the most suitable path for ourselves. In this process, we might understand choices we once doubted and realize that everyone is trying to find the most fitting route for their own lives.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 13-1-2024 04:33:31 | Show all posts
The road is always beneath your feet; it's up to you to forge a new path.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 13-1-2024 08:08:38 | Show all posts
It's not easy to live the way you want.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits