Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 4

The football king has passed away, but someone will always carry on his spirit.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 12:38:10 | Show all posts |Read mode

On December 29, 2022, the football world experienced a significant loss as the football legend Pelé passed away. As a football fan, it's truly a heart-wrenching moment to witness the passing of such iconic figures as Pelé and Maradona within a short span of time.

I consider myself a typical football enthusiast, and while I've heard countless stories about the greatness of Pelé and Maradona, I never had the opportunity to witness their magic on the field during their prime years. Since my introduction to football, I've been told time and again about how extraordinary they were, but it's challenging to truly grasp their greatness without having witnessed it firsthand.

Some argue that Maradona's peak was too short to merit the title of ""football king,"" while others question Pelé's incredible goal tally of over 1200 goals, as he never left South America to play in Europe. They wonder if there might be some inflation in those statistics. I admit that when I first started following football, I shared similar doubts. I questioned whether players from earlier eras could still shine in today's modern and highly competitive football landscape. Could they achieve the same level of success and numbers in today's game?

Most of the doubts I had during my early days as a football fan stem from a lack of understanding that a player's achievements should be evaluated within the context of their era. It's unfair to judge a player by today's standards, as the factors of their time are beyond their control. So, every time I see new football fans debating these comparisons, I can't help but smile and think that we all go through a phase of youthful skepticism.

Today, I still can't fully appreciate the impact that legends like Pelé and Maradona had on the game, but I no longer dismiss these greats as I once did in my youth. I offer my heartfelt condolences to Pelé and hope that in the afterlife, he and Maradona can fulfill their dream of playing football together. I hope they can see that football continues to be deeply loved by fans worldwide, and their legacy lives on. The torch of the football king has been passed on, and the one who now carries it is the genius they both eagerly awaited."

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:41:28 | Show all posts
Edited by Ritu13 at 2023-9-6 19:12

Pelé was indeed a true football king.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:42:32 | Show all posts
Edited by Shri at 2023-9-6 19:25

Seeing the football king free from the torment of illness is, in fact, a relief for him.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:51:59 | Show all posts
I firmly believe that being crowned as the football king is absolutely well-deserved, and it is all the result of hard work and dedication.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 17:05:58 | Show all posts
I also agree with your subsequent views and suggestions.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list