Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

A true Asian footballer who plays with intelligence.

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 12:39:42 | Show all posts |Read mode
Edited by Samiksha at 2023-9-6 15:10

Today, I'd like to talk about a Japanese footballer, Kaoru Mitoma, who has been making quite an impact in the English Premier League, even against formidable opponents like Liverpool.

Before the FA Cup match against Liverpool, Mitoma had already gained some recognition, and some even dubbed him the ""Mitoma Messi."" However, as someone who has been following football for many years, when I first saw Mitoma's small stature, I thought that his initial success might have been due to the element of surprise. I believed that as opponents became familiar with him, especially given his lack of physical advantage, he would struggle to maintain his performance. But to my surprise, Mitoma continued to impress and improve, especially after the World Cup, where he scored six goals and provided two assists in 11 matches.

So, it just goes to show that even seasoned football fans like me can't always predict a player's development accurately. Football is full of surprises, and if every player developed exactly as expected, it would be quite dull. This recent match against Liverpool, where Mitoma created numerous threats and scored the winning goal, left everyone in awe. Keep in mind that breaking through tough situations on the pitch as an Asian player without a physical advantage is extremely challenging, but Mitoma managed to do it.

This piqued my interest in Mitoma, so I decided to look into his background. It turns out that he hadn't played for a senior team before the age of 22. Although he had already gained recognition in Japanese football, he made the unconventional choice to go to university instead of joining a professional club at the age of 20. His university graduation thesis was even about ""how to successfully dribble past opponents on the football field."" His high success rate in dribbling doesn't come from physical prowess or overwhelming technical skills but from applying theory and intelligence to his game.

This is the first example I've come across of a player who went to university before turning professional and succeeded. It makes me genuinely believe that Asian players do have a chance to make a mark among the world's football elite, and physical attributes aren't everything. Mitoma is someone who uses his brain to play football!

It's a fascinating and inspirational story that shows football is a sport that requires both physical and intellectual prowess. Mitoma's perseverance and academic background have allowed him to approach the game in a unique way, and he's proving that success can come in unexpected ways. Whether you're from Asia or anywhere else, with determination, talent, and hard work, there's a chance for players to succeed in professional football. Mitoma's story should serve as an inspiration to young players pursuing their football dreams, no matter where they come from. Football's charm lies in its diversity and unpredictability, and everyone has the opportunity to create their own football story.

This post contains more resources

You have to Login for download or view attachment(s). No Account? Register

x

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:43:16 | Show all posts
It's quite possible that Kaoru Mitoma's market value could eventually reach over a hundred million, given his promising talent and potential!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:43:37 | Show all posts
Absolutely, football in Japan and South Korea has been steadily progressing over the years.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Gold membership

Credits
Post time 6-9-2023 16:49:41 | Show all posts
Kaoru Mitoma's most significant attribute is his exceptional football intelligence. When he's in possession of the ball, he doesn't just focus on the ball itself; he constantly monitors the movements of the opposing defenders. As soon as they make a move, his success rate in dribbling past them is nearly 100%.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list