Knoqnoq Forum: Everything You Want to Discuss, Most Discussed in India
Search
Reply: 3

Why did Shanaka quit captaincy and who will replace him for the next WC?

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-2-2024 15:02:25 | Show all posts |Read mode
I think it was a brave decision by him to step down and prepare someone for the next WC. He did a good job as a captain, especially with the young players like Hasaranga, Theekshana, Chameera and Pathirana. He also made Sri Lanka cricket more exciting and competitive.
But I also understand his reasons for quitting. He said that no one was interested in Sri Lankan cricket when he became the captain and they were losing to every team. He wanted to build a team and attract the crowd and the community. He did that to some extent, but maybe he felt that he couldn’t take the team further.
He also said that he wanted to focus on his own game and improve his skills. He is a good all-rounder and he can contribute a lot to the team as a player. Maybe he felt that captaincy was affecting his performance or his enjoyment of the game.
I respect his decision and I hope he will continue to play well for Sri Lanka. I also hope that the new captain will be able to lead the team well and prepare them for the next WC. Who do you think should be the next captain? I think Mathews or Karunaratne would be good choices.
What do you think? Share your opinions below.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-2-2024 15:20:01 | Show all posts
What do you think about his decision did he do the right thing by leaving captain post ?

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-2-2024 15:43:49 | Show all posts
Who will be next captain of Shrilankan cricket

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 8-2-2024 15:46:06 | Show all posts
Can new captain able to replicate the performance of Shanaka as he did during his captaincy term ?

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list