Reply: 4

Advice May Not Suffice; Some Lessons Demand Personal Experience

[Copy link]

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 12:34:40 | Show all posts |Read mode
For all those who gamble, what was the worst moment in your life when gambling? I now play casually, so I won't experience the worst moment anymore. But the reason I am like this now is related to my past experiences. My worst moment was when I lost so much that I had to borrow money from people everywhere to gamble. After losing again, I was completely desperate, so I had to reluctantly go to my family to borrow money. This happened in the first three years of my involvement in gambling.

I still find it difficult to forget the look in my parents' eyes when I borrowed money from them at that time, which made me feel really uncomfortable. However, thanks to that experience, I became much more restrained in my gambling later on. I set a rule for myself: I can gamble big, but I must know my limits and never borrow money because of gambling again. Because not being able to repay the money is not just about your finances; it's about your self-esteem. Being seen as a fallen person is really hard to bear. Please don't do this.

But all these words may not be of any use. Experience is something you only understand when you feel it deeply. Did I not hear about others' lessons when I borrowed money at that time? Actually, I did, but I didn't believe it at the time. I thought I was the chosen one, that what happened to others might not happen to me, and that I could surely turn things around. But thinking back, if I were really the chosen one, why did I have to borrow money back then?

So gambling requires a calm quality, the ability to objectively assess yourself, and that is the most important thing.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 12:37:29 | Show all posts
True, sometimes the lessons really hit home when you've experienced them firsthand!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 12:45:06 | Show all posts
Whether it's gambling or making decisions in life, keeping a cool head is essential. Impulsiveness often leads to trouble. The key is to constantly remind oneself: 'Stay calm, avoid impulsivity!

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 13:17:37 | Show all posts
I've learned many lessons, but I still tend to forget them.

Use magic Report

Threads

Credits

Forum Veteran

Credits
Post time 7-9-2023 13:27:06 | Show all posts
It's true, you really have to experience them firsthand to truly learn.

Use magic Report

You have to log in before you can reply Login | Register

Points Rules

Quick Reply To Top Return to the list